VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc Questions

Rate this topic

All I can tell you about it is that the program is about a year old. It was initally for Iraq/AFG veterans only, and it is a program that will pay either a spouse, family member or other person to take care of the veteran. It does not affect veteran disability compensation. The person who is the care giver request the program, attends some basic classes and then receives a monthy check. I do not know if other veterans will be allowed to use the program any time soon.

Check this link out for more info:

http://www.va.gov/he...ility_Check.asp

thanks, i don't qualify because i did not incur my injuries after 9/11!

Edited by iceturkee

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for all the input. I am going to give this a try and find out what the VARO in Waco will do.

Pete, the A & A has to be associated directly to the SC disabilities you have .

Teac-thanks- I guess I do have to NOD my AO decision.

Husband was 100% P & T PTSD, 30 % AO SC IHD, DMII , SC (granted but not rated),

and 100% under 1151 CVA for 6 months under in the Nehmer decision, then rated at 70% or 80 as to CVA residuals until death.

I claimed A & A but they awarded SMC S Housebound and I still feel he deserved a higher SMC rating and after reading this I will pursue that, I have an additional 1151 issues as well.

Also - Pete I read over many many A & A decisions at the BVA.

I noticed they focused on what I honestlytold them my husband could still do- like button his clothes0 but he no longer could tie his shoes, drive, handle money, and had ST memory problems. Many of my lay statements were backed up with documentation from the VA itself (suych as his VA Day treatment records and also he got lost on a trip the PTSD inhouse had and this was documented as well by VA.

My point is each and every disability and problem he had,at an SMC level , was solely due to or caused by or contributed to either his SC PTSD or his 1151 stroke or his SC and 1151 AO IHD and /or the malpractice (FTCA and 1151 award)-thus the SMC award S award in Jan 2012.

I hope that made sense.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am 100% for panic disorder with agoraphobia and 30% for flat feet. I already have S rating. I would be glad to drop this claim if VARO would pay back pay to my original 100% rating for panic disorder with agoraphobia it was a diagnosis made by VA Shrink in 1992.

I don't know just seems that something is not right in way my claim has been handled. When I appealed the rating the same person denied it and it was supposed to be a DRO Hearing.

I would be hard pressed to connect CAD to panic disorder but it may be possible. Since 30% for flat feet is a high rating I may be able to argue that it contributes to my mobility problems, back problems and pain. Also the meds the VA has given over the years not the best I would not be surprised that my CAD and stent are result of 4 years of avandia prescribed by VA. I am in the final 60 days of a settlement with Avandia for my CAD in class action. I wonder if I win cash that would be basis for 1151 or if my time line is expired.

My reason for all of this is I got screwed by VA on Insurance and I would like to squirrel away a little cash for Mrs Pete as I have become more and more pessimistic about my survivability. In my heart I think I ave done pretty well in my battle with VA but still think that they got to me and I left money on the table.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

If you were unable to work in 1992 it is possible the VA should have inferred TDIU. The fact you got 100% for panic all those years after your discharge is pretty amazing to me. I had months of in-patient treatment for depression in the army and all I got was 10%. Stay on it and maybe get a lawyer to review your file and that 1992 DX. These old decisions really stink.

John