VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Value Of Imo

Rate this question

shwebb

Question

I was just wanting to know the experiences of others who had Ime's done and their. I am currently rated at 50%. I filed for TDIU. They sent me for a C&P with QTC psychologist. He stated " veterans problem causes mild to moderate impairment. veteran may have some difficulty working with public, but should be able to work with co-workers". He also States "veteran is prone to isolate and has a very definite element of hysteria and assigned a gaf of 65.

I decided to get IME's so I paid for 2. The first one said " this is assessed to include deficiences in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgement, thinking, and/or mood and gave a gaf of 41.

The 2nd one stated " service connected diagnosis and disability 100% panic disorder with agoraphobia and also assigned a gaf of 41"

Are the 2 IME's enough to help with the QTC exam to overide for a TDIU decision?

Thanks

Edited by shwebb
  • Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If the IMO's are done according to the rules they should help you get TDIU. Have you applied for SSD? Did your IMO's review your SMR's and mention that in their reports? I used 3 different private medical reports and it got me TDIU and then P&T.

Yes. I have been on ssd since 2007 mostly for service connected disability, but also some back problems not service connected. Yes they did review all records. I also asked them to consider P & T in my last statement in support of case. It is before the rating board now and ebenefits says it shoud be decided between Feb. 2012 and Nov. 2012

Thanks

Edited by shwebb
  • HadIt.com Elder

Do your IMO's say that even though some of your SSD items are NSC that the SC issues would make you 100% disabled anyway?

Can you tell us what your rated for? Obviously it's a mental health issue, and are there others as well.

Do you have any issues that you can claim as secondary.

Another thing to think about is your going to need a really good IMO/IME Dr to rebutt what the C&P examiner wrote and show proof that he (VA Dr) is scientifically and medically wrong. If you need such a Dr. there is a Dr. Bash that has won a lot of cases for Veterans, but is expensive. Like Berta say's; His IMO/IME is like money in the bank. Berta is a member here and she has dealt with this Dr for a long time now. If your interested, you can PM berta and I'm sure as the shirt on my back she'll help you out with the Dr.

Coot

Sorry Cooter,

I don't use the PM or email here . I only have time to be in our public forums.

Dr. Bash is a Neuro Radiologist and does not do MH IMOs but could probably refer this vet to someone who does.

He will be our SVR guest tomorrow and I will ask him if I get time on the show.

“Both ime's only address service connected problems and say I am unemployable because of these problems.”

If these IMEs were prepared in the IMO format here-

has the VA denied the claim yet?

Are these IME doctors psychiatrists or psycholgists?

Did they provide a CV or some details on their medical background to support why they have expertise to opine on the claim?

Why do you feel you need another IMO at this point?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use