VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dfas And Va Retro Pay

Rate this question

roses15534

Question

Ok I went from 30% to 80% was informed this in sept 2012 this dates back to the effective date of dec 2010. so basically 20 months of retro pay i assume i know I know what assuming does. But if its 20 months and my retired pay is 1,600.00 and my crdp is 1,600.00 a month I have got my first payment.

Is it 1600.00 for the 20 months? how is it determined what dfas pays and va pays for retro? I got the retro from dfas 8K then 25% taxes so I got 6K in my account then it goes to VA for audit am I thinking rith that VA should be paying 24,000.00 retro or is there some weird math?

1,600.00 X 20 Months = 32,000.00 - 8,000.00 from dfas = 24,000.00 owed ??????

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

And also for those contemplating a chapter 7 bankruptcy, both are included as income in the means test. No way around it unless it meets the requirements I posted in another post.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't want to put a curse on myself but if I win my CUE I will get 100% at the 1971 rate forward to August 30, 2001 when I got 100% rate from the VA. I don't even know what the rate was in 1971, but I will take it if I get lucky. I think 100% in 1971 was probably $1200 bucks or less. This is a clear win for the VA either way it turns out because I lose 30 years of potential interest.

John999 - sorry but I seem to remember my roommate, then, who was 100%, back then, getting somewhere between $500 - $800 a month. In fact it seems to me it was more like $395 a month but I can't be sure. Those old rates were really low, but then so were the costs of most things. I think I was paying about $75 a month for a 5 rm apt, w/heat included, in Springfield, MA. Hope ya win anyway!!!

pr