VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Starting Problems At Seattle

Rate this question

diver

Question

Well now I did it. I started school this last week and I am not amused. First my vocational rehabilitation counselor a month ago scolded me for letting the schools VA rep help me get set up for the schooling sense I was working full-time and could not get into the school easley to talk to all teachers. The vocational rehabilitation counselor told me that was my job and she expects that I do everything for my self to prove I will be ok after school. With a lot of anger in her voice. Then I started school and kept asking her about when my computer would be arriving. She stated that she did not order it until the first day of school because to many people have dropped out after she ordered them and before school starts so I will not have one for the first couple of weeks of school. Then I was told that I should not be taking a class because I have a degree already and to wave it. So I called her on the day I was told and I left her a message about it and that it had to be done by Friday or the VA would have to pay for the class. Finally on Friday I got the class waved on my own because she never called me back. After school on Friday she called me and said that I am not allowed to do anything without talking to her first and that I should have talked to her before I dropped the class. I pointed out that I tried but she did not return my call and then she angrily told me that I should have known that I did not have to take the class and not have had it on my schedule because I talked to the counselor and whent over what classes I needed. The councilors did not tell me what I can skip in fact they said that I needed that one.

Well now for the problems I have started. I happen to have the email address for the assistant director of the Seattle ro and I told him what I have told you. I pointed out that what she is doing by treating us like children gives the VA a bad name and that if she is doing this to others she should not be working with veterans. I also requested a new rep. Well let's see what problems I may have caused for myself. I deserve to not have to grovel for things to be able to do the schooling and I deserve to be treated with respect.

Good for you diver- you've got enough to deal with without this loser dumping more on you.

She is failing in her role and should be replaced.

Please document and complain up the food chain until you get someone who treats veterans with the dignity they deserve. :smile:

I received a reply from the assistant director just telling me that he will forward my complaint to the proper people and he will call me at the end of the week. I do not know if he is calling about my claim or my complaint so I will wait and see.

Does anyone know if now that I am 100% will the VA drop me from voc rehab? I don't mind if they do at 90% I could not pay bills but know I can.