Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reduction To My % For Ddd?

Rate this question

rcorluvpr

Question

Good morning brothers / Sisters

My situation, applied for increase / IU back in May 2014. I am currently rated at 80% SC, 40% DDD, 30% PTSD, about 8 at 10% and 5 at 0%. I went to the C&P's on Oct 2014, went to PFD on 12-15 April 2014. This morning checked Eben. and under disabilities it states that my DDD is now at 10% with no changes to my PTSD. The total is still at 80%. My VA disability letter has no changes. Still haven't received a BBE. I never did want to see my C&P's I was hoping for a fair rating / increase or IU. Instead this happens. I am on Pain management, and am attending group counseling for my PTSD. I've been to the ER over 6 times this year for the back. I guess the VA has decided to lower my rating.. I can't believe it. I originally received it for injuries while Airbprne status, cracked my tail bone and have spinal Arthritis and few bulging and protruding disc as well as sciatica.

I am very concerned here. My VSO is DAV , no one form the office has ever called my for any follow ups or updates. I retired in 2011 after 21 years of service.

How do I proceed with an appeal after receiving the BBE which I haven't gotten yet.

God Bless....just an Ole Drill Sergeant here.

Sorry to hear of your troubles bud. I just had my C&Ps in Feb for my back for the third or fourth time and it looks like SC will finally be granted. I have DDD, DJD, Bulging Disc and I developed a whole at the L3 Endplate while active, yet it has taken me 2 years to be granted SC since I was Medically Retired in Feb 13. This whole time VA paid for 2 different Chiro Docs, one VA and one Civilian. On Tues this week I had my first Acupunture treatment at the VA, and I was issued a personal Tens Unit to use on my back. Good luck and God Bless!!!

They cant just reduce you on ebenefits without a formal proposed reduction letter.

As soon as you get that letter, react to it fast....most here will advise asking for a hearing.

I hardly think VA can cure DDD and maybe the 40% you had for that was too low.

Or maybe it is a ebenefits typo...... when you get the BBE we can help more.

Did you formally request the IU with a 21-8940?

The 30% PTSD is probably too low too.

God bless you Berta..and yes I have both DJD and DDD. I had barely any ROM..and dis noticw that the examiner was rude and in a rush. My Ptsd is Combat related OIF twice and a deployment to Saudi Arabia back in 1995. I'll be asking for some assistance from the members here once I receive the envelope. But why did my disabilities list show 10% before any letter. Id be glad if it's all a mistake I hope. It all went wrong. I wonder if anybody here has seen anything like this?

Thanks for the support.

MANY of us here can relate to the BS you are dealing with......

Do you have copies of the actual C & P exam for the DDD?

I am fairly new to ebenefits (they didnt allow us widows to use it for years) so I dont know if it is unusual to see a reduced rating there before they even tell the claimant...

They denied one of my claims and then awarded it because I raised Hell but that does not appear on my ebenefits, nor does the pending CUE i have (that I had to raise hell on too)

And under some history thing 5-6 weeks ago it said there were 53 docs there and now all of that is gone.

I too am hoping it is a typo ,in your case, and others here have found ebenefits to be as inaccurate as Peggy ( the 800#).

You see the BEST vet rep you will ever have when you look in your bathroom mirror every AM.

There certainly are some good vet reps but they are completely overwhelemed and burned out all the time.

This is the best place in town for help on VA claims.

We should be the VA's training program.for claims.

berta, i have been told the va is suppose to send you a proposed reduction letter 3 months in advance. but what they do and what they are supose to do are two different things.

Berta,

I noticed you said you thought the 40% for the DDD is possibly too low. I recently was awarded an increase to 40%, but it's coded as low back strain. Is that something I should be looking into? Even the original finding, from 1998 was coded as low back strain, but DDD was noted then, too, as well as disc narrowing.

Semper Fi.