Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reduction To My % For Ddd?

Rate this question

rcorluvpr

Question

Good morning brothers / Sisters

My situation, applied for increase / IU back in May 2014. I am currently rated at 80% SC, 40% DDD, 30% PTSD, about 8 at 10% and 5 at 0%. I went to the C&P's on Oct 2014, went to PFD on 12-15 April 2014. This morning checked Eben. and under disabilities it states that my DDD is now at 10% with no changes to my PTSD. The total is still at 80%. My VA disability letter has no changes. Still haven't received a BBE. I never did want to see my C&P's I was hoping for a fair rating / increase or IU. Instead this happens. I am on Pain management, and am attending group counseling for my PTSD. I've been to the ER over 6 times this year for the back. I guess the VA has decided to lower my rating.. I can't believe it. I originally received it for injuries while Airbprne status, cracked my tail bone and have spinal Arthritis and few bulging and protruding disc as well as sciatica.

I am very concerned here. My VSO is DAV , no one form the office has ever called my for any follow ups or updates. I retired in 2011 after 21 years of service.

How do I proceed with an appeal after receiving the BBE which I haven't gotten yet.

God Bless....just an Ole Drill Sergeant here.

• HadIt.com Elder

Look at your codes. It is either traumatic arthritis (DJD) or Invertabral disk syndrome. (DDD). They will not rate both just the most severe. If they did rate both then they may have cued themselves.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

He went from 30% DDD to 10% DDD, after filing for IU back in may 2014 on the DDD, if the DDD is worse then they should go with that, a increase seems to me examiner rated the wrong disability? unless it shows improvement which I doubt

It could been a typo??/ xyz

IF U GETa letter to propose to reduce your DDD TO 10% File NOD asap WITH Evidence attached that you can't work from date? topresent because of your disability and ask for TDIU P&T

obviously

It helps to have the Dr to state you can't work because of your service connected disability.

jmo

.....................Buck

I agree with everyone here, Berta you are spot on. You have to be your own advocate.. whether your VSO is tired, sleepy, Groggy , fed up or over burden don't let that get to you, make sure you do your homework at your best potential because at the end of the day it is you that cares for you.