VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO in need of General Counsel

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Is this like the tiger team  when a claim is complicated even for a DRO? She said the worst case is she will set me up with an appeal.

Schakowsky,_Pallone_highlight_Vehicle_Safety_Improvement_Act_after_Auto_&_Roadway_Safety_Hearing.3gp

I've already spoken out to congress about making them as accountable as aircraft manufactures who have the FAA regulating them. Auto industry have no standards of no one keeping them in check like the man who hid this defect for 10 years and instead of jail they paid this fine.

So if they turned you down, you have an appeal in yet?  With a complex issue, you need a high power attorney.  Have you got one now?  You are talking about a lot of complex litigation issues and each one give and take rights.  Put in the wrong claim, you lose it all.  No re-roll on this trip, talk to lawyers, its the only way to get what you need done.

I have an appeal in already from my attorney I just had a DRO hearing and she knew about this recall investigation already. She said she will try everything she can at her level but she is going to ask for help from the general counsel. I was just listening cause I've never heard of them. 

As for the money I received in 2008 they also for that money took all the evidence my lawyer found of a defect refused to give the drawings needed to show the problem sayin it was trade secrets and took my black box. In 2014 they inspected it had it in their internal investigation stated cause of crash was ignition switch 

So if they turned you down, you have an appeal in yet?  With a complex issue, you need a high power attorney.  Have you got one now?  You are talking about a lot of complex litigation issues and each one give and take rights.  Put in the wrong claim, you lose it all.  No re-roll on this trip, talk to lawyers, its the only way to get what you need done.

Once notified by the New York times and the Detroit times that my name was in their internal investigation in the determination saying it was the result of my ignition switch I contacted an attorney. He filed a claim to have a DRO hearing then then 7 days later also filed a motion for reconsideration based on this new evidence. The hearing was scheduled in August and then in July we got the determination back saying they see no evidence that there is any relation between my accident and the recall not the settlements or GM admitting to me that they were at fault. Attorney filed and appeal with that determination.Then came the DRO which had to be rescheduled to Sept because they failed to contact my attorney. Then it was rescheduled a 3 time since they picked a day the Pope was visiting Philly in Sept. Now it October and my hearing came she looked into the recall and the facts I had brought and the issues my attorney had and said this might be able to be decided at the DRO level and she might have to send it to the General Counsel. He said that this could be a good thing as the counsel is a group of lawyers that look at it collectively. That just sounds like a new name for the tiger team to me. Is there a wrong claim to put in my situation, I know there has not ever been a case like mine and like I said if retro is the only problem they can have it? MRI's get expensive after 3 in the past 2 months showing the cyst in my brain is permanent but not cancerous, which I feel the VA was not the case and would take me out already.

Did you get a DUI in all this?

Conviction on it?  This is where they can get you.  Fault is a quasi issue in a DUI conviction, because the DUI could sway the verdict in your case against you.  It, alone, is misconduct.