VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Did I get lowballed?

Rate this question

Cobra4v

Question

I had my C&P Exam done in 2013. Out of my exam's, I reviewed some of the measurements the VA took on my shoulder and knees. Considering I was rated at 10% for my right shoulder and 10% each knee I feel as if i've been low balled. I reviewed the VA rating's for my conditions and based on my measurements they are far off from where my percentage should be. Does this happen commonly? I can post my results here to show. I just requested an increase and will have to do this again. But I don't see a point if I will just get low balled again. 

yes please post your C&P results but remember to cover up any pertinent information.  

Right shoulder which I was rated at 10% for

b. Right shoulder post-test ROM Select where flexion ends:  [X] 60 

Select where abduction ends: [X] 50 

c. Left shoulder post-test ROM Select where flexion ends:  [X] 50

Select where abduction ends: [X] 60

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a.       Right shoulder flexion Select where flexion ends (normal endpoint is 180 degrees): [X] 60

b.       Select where objective evidence of painful motion begins: [ ] No objective evidence of painful motion [X] 60 

c.        b. Right shoulder abduction Select where abduction ends (normal endpoint is 180 degrees): [ ] 0 [X] 5

d.      Select where objective evidence of painful motion begins: [ ] No objective evidence of painful motion [ ] 0 [X] 5

Edited by Cobra4v

Knee rated at 10% each

a.       Right knee flexion Select where flexion ends (normal endpoint is 140 degrees):  [X] 100

b.       Select where objective evidence of painful motion begins: [ ] No objective evidence of painful motion  [X] 80

c.       b. Right knee extension Select where extension ends: [X] 0 or any degree of hyperextension (check this box if there is no limitation of extension) Select where objective evidence of painful motion begins: [X] No objective evidence of painful motion

d.      c. Left knee flexion Select where flexion ends (normal endpoint is 140 degrees): [X] 90

e.       Select where objective evidence of painful motion begins: [ ] No objective evidence of painful motion [X] 90

d. Left knee extension Select where extension ends: [X] 0 or any degree of hyperextension (check this box if there is no limitation of extension)

f.        Select where objective evidence of painful motion begins: [X] No objective evidence of painful motion

g.       e. If ROM does not conform to the normal range of motion identified above but is normal for this Veteran (for reasons other than a knee/or leg condition, such as age, body habitus, neurologic disease), explain: No response provided.

h.      5. ROM measurements after repetitive use testing ------------------------------------------------ a. Is the Veteran able to perform repetitive-use testing with 3 repetitions? [X] Yes [ ] No

i.          b. Right knee post-test ROM Select where post-test flexion ends:  [X] 100

j.        Select where post-test extension ends: [X] 0 or any degree of hyperextension (check this box if there is no limitation of extension)

k.        c. Left knee post-test ROM Select where post-test flexion ends:  [X] 90

l.          Select where post-test extension ends: [X] 0 or any degree of hyperextension (check this box if there is no limitation of extension)

m.    6. Functional loss and additional limitation in ROM --------------------------------------------------- a. Does the Veteran have additional limitation in ROM of the knee and lower leg following repetitive-use testing? [ ] Yes [X] No

n.       b. Does the Veteran have any functional loss and/or functional impairment of the knee and lower leg? [X] Yes [ ] No c. If the Veteran has functional loss, functional impairment or additional limitation of ROM of the knee and lower leg after repetitive use, indicate the contributing factors of disability below (check all that apply and indicate side affected): [X] Less movement than normal [ ] Right [ ] Left [X] Both [X] Weakened movement [ ] Right [ ] Left [X] Both [X] Pain on movement [ ] Right [ ] Left [X] Both [X] Interference with sitting, standing and weight-bearing [ ] Right [ ] Left [X] Both

Edited by Cobra4v

Did the examiner use a goniometer?  If not then he/she just guessed.  And that would be wrong.  Did you use a goniometer?

Anyway, you probably and most likely got lowballed.  I asked for an increase after one or two years and I got it because of ROM.  Not sure I felt any different from the first time, but my ROM must have decreased.

Keep up the good work,

Hamslice

Oh, and I forgot, stop at pain, always stop at pain.....

Edited by Hamslice

She did use a goniometer. Which is why I'm confused I didn't get the standard rating. I guess I'll stand my for c&p to contact me. I'm tempted to talk to my VSO about this and see why the rating was so low. 

Thanks for your help