Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Proof C&P Exams are often frauds

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

I lived I a VA hospital 6 months with failed pancreas surgeries.. yet they take the word of a screwy C&P examiner over the 6 months of VA records as an inpatient. The doctors and nurses write every move you make, every word you utter. 6 months of those records fill up those huge paper boxes used for zerox paper. You would think the VA would read those records. Instead they send you to some doctor who is only there to make you look bad at a C&P exam. Instead of a neutral doctor the ones they use for the C&P act like you are a fraud. They see you for a few minutes ask questions like a bad interrogation, trying to trip you up with statements. Those answers that are undeniable proof are in the records from your service and the 20 years of medical records plus the 6 months as an inpatient.

IMHO

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Well, yes, remember who pays for your C and P exam.  Still, regulations provide that if you have a balance where 2 docs differ on opinion, the VA CAN choose one over the other, but has to give a reasons and bases as to why.  

For example, one doctor can do a more thorough exam.  Or, one doctor can be preferred if he states he read your records, while another doc does not say this.  

If you have been denied, the VA is required to give you the benefit of the doubt if the claim is "in equipose", that is, there is a balance between positive and negative evidence.  

When you appeal, you can certainly argue that your private doc did a more thorough exam.  

HOwever, your private doc may/may not made an applicable nexus statement.  YOu need to check your records to see if the nexus is there.  

We'll, I have been lucky so far, but we will see.  I have a C&P coming up for my secondary for heart disease from HBP.  I am scheduled for a echocardiogram.

Just went throught all the tests with my cardialogist., to enclude an echocardiogram, and those records went in with my claim.

I will compare the two.

Maybe my C&P doc (or RN) will be a podiatrist.  You never know..

Hamslice