VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd claim

Rate this question

Justhappytobehere

Question

I was diagnosed with ptsd by a Va psych.  I am on two different types of medication along with a medication to help me sleep.  I have a combat action badge on my dd 215. What are my chances of getting rated at least 10%? Any feedback would be appreciated 

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

With the CAB on your DD 214 the VA should concede the stressor.

I say 'should' because we had a vet here with the CAB and they denied his PTSD claim.....first time I ever saw that type of denial.....dont know why....

PTSD is rated under diagnostic code 9411.

If you go to the VA Schedule of Ratings forum  here you will see how they rate it but it is difficult to even make a WAG ( wild ass guess) as it depends on the results of the C & P exam you will get as well as the other factors that are in the rating criteria.

The Diagnostic codes and ratings are about halfway down the scroll for the VASRD.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well that is your choice...some veterans jump into a claim with out proper evidence, and then get denied and  then the appeals start.

However if you been injured or came down with a disease while in the military  I recommend for all veterans to file a claim!

Get your medical records and Dr's opinions to support your claim and any other possible evidence together before submitting a claim, you can file a ITF(Intent to File) before you actually file for your contentions , you have a year before you have to submit it as a claim  but do file as a ITF  It gives you some time to be gathering up your evidence  and when you submit your claim do in in an organized way  it makes it a lot easier for them to work your claim.

I recommend you request your C-FILE and all STRs ASAP

Just remember  its the medical evidence you need to prevail in your claim.

JMO

.......................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh, no, it is not a waste of time!!!  I started with a 10% rating in 1973 for "Nervous Condition" and now I have TDIU and Housebound.  All claims together bring me $3500 a month tax free.  You may be young now, but if PTSD gets worse it could totally disable you and can cause other secondary conditions.   FILE THE CLAIM!  If you get 10% or 30% that gets your foot in the door and never let them get that foot out of the door by neglecting to respond to C&P exams or ignoring to file NOD or other appeals.

On 8/30/2016 at 5:38 AM, Buck52 said:

Well that is your choice...some veterans jump into a claim with out proper evidence, and then get denied and  then the appeals start.

However if you been injured or came down with a disease while in the military  I recommend for all veterans to file a claim!

Get your medical records and Dr's opinions to support your claim and any other possible evidence together before submitting a claim, you can file a ITF(Intent to File) before you actually file for your contentions , you have a year before you have to submit it as a claim  but do file as a ITF  It gives you some time to be gathering up your evidence  and when you submit your claim do in in an organized way  it makes it a lot easier for them to work your claim.

I recommend you request your C-FILE and all STRs ASAP

Just remember  its the medical evidence you need to prevail in your claim.

JMO

.......................Buck

I been diagnosed through a va psych and i take a lot of meds.  I have all the documentation for the illness i also take sleeping pills.  My combat action badge was a result of getting attacked on a bridge in Baghdad in  2003 when we got ambushed