VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need help understanding PTSD C&P results and MMPI

Rate this question

Aaliaha

Question

I had my PTSD C&P on Aug 29th.  Ebenefits moved from Gathering of Evidence to Prep for Decision on Aug 31st.  I was diagnosed with PTSD/MDD April 2016 when I was admitted into VA Psych Ward for 2 weeks.  Afterwards I was an inpatient in the PTSD program for 50 days.

C&P Results: All PTSD symptoms was checked off: Anxiety, depression, ect..
Criterian B:  All checked for Instusion symptoms
Criterian C: Persistent avoidance all checked off
Criterian D: Negative alterations in cognitions and mood ect... all checked off
Critierian E. Alerternation in arousal/ hypervigilance ect.. all checked off

I meet everything with the PTSD criteria with sucuide ideation

(X) Occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgement, thinking and/or mood

Remarks, (including testing results)  The MMPI test was almost 400 T/F questions!!!

He wrote: With an Associates Degree she last worked full time in the Navy due to anxiety in 2002.

Her intellect is within the High Average range based on Vocabulary SS 12 on the WAIS III.  Her valid MMPI shows Depression at 106 T-scores with Schizoprenia, Psychasthenia, and Social Introversion 75-85 T-scores and PTSD PK97 T-Scores. Severe PTSD.  I also applied to Individual Unemployability

I'm trying to understand this... Is the Schizoprenia a diagnosis? Cause I'm really freaked out over it. Is schizoprenia normal for a PTSD diagnosis? Is this something that would be rated differently or will it go under the PTSD rating?  I've been trying to google the MMPI and C&P exams but cant find much on the scoring part.

Plus any opinion on what you think my rating can be will be helpful as well. 

Edited by Aaliaha

18 hours ago, Gastone said:

That's a  70% PTSD SC DBQ with "Inferred IU," at the minimum. Good possibility of 100%, depending on the Rater.

Do you have any other non MH SC's, presently? Your head's definitely Fracked Up, but you don't appear to meet the VA Medically "Housebound" requirements. Never the less, keep SMC S (1) in mind, for future possible Secondary SC's.

If you haven't yet, give VA PTSD Group Therapy a try, doesn't cure it but definitely helps. Just something about talking to other Vet's with your same problem.

Semper Fi

I have 1 non MH SC at 0% from 2009.  I just put in for an increase with my PTSD claim.  Thank you for your response..appreciate it! :-)

Never hurts to work on a back-up plan during your Decision wait time. Isn't unusual for the VA Rater, to be less than accommodating regarding Increase Claims.

Semper Fi