VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The VA C&P doctor told me, I didn't have operations, they were procedures

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

The VA C&P doctor told me, I didn't have operations, they were procedures. The procedures (I had 2, the first procedure failed and they tried a second time, and it all went very wrong again the 2nd time!, I didn't know, I was to sick and was totally oblivious to the first few weeks, fighting for my life.) in the operating room to remove cysts on my pancreas and they said they were going to use fine need le aspiration to drain cysts on the head of my pancreas, 5 inches in size, but without telling me, they decided to insert stents, this caused the pancreas to rip open and the portal and splenic veins ruptured with internal bleeding and severe damage tot eh veins and arteries to my heart. the C&P doctors told me they were procedures and not operations. and to top that off, it was in a thick Indian accent,  his second language is English. The VA will find everyway possible to screw you in any exam, it never ends. This happens a few months ago, but the more I think about how I spent more then half my life, fighting for my life, being called mentally ill, and I am not sick it was  all in my head and I am a drug seeker. For what the military crap we go through we should all be automatically approved, without this farce we are put through. IMHO

Edited by retiredat44

3 answers to this question

It all has to do with billing and coding,  As in, inpatient or outpatient, operation or procedure, etc.  It is like when insurance or medicare tells the physician whether the procedure can only be outpatient.  Shouldn't the doctor decide what is better for the patient?

If you find the right doctor and staff they will take care of you and demand things from your insurance, but its hard to do.  My wive is finally at a place with her doctor that they put her in the hospital for a couple of days so she can recover adequatly as before it was out the door and heal at home, which seldom happened.

Bottom line, its all about he money,

Hamslice

Dont feel like the Lone Ranger.  Vietnam was not called a "war", Alex Graham refers to it as the Vietnam disagreement.  For years, people like the VFW, DAV, etc, said that Vietnam Vets were not "real" Vets, that category belonged to WW2 Vets and Korea Vets.  

Years later, the VFW figured out, "Gee, we are losing a lot of money here..there are lots of Vietnam Vets", so they decided they would let these inferior Vets into their beer halls.  

VA had the same attitude.  Vietnam Vets did not have "real" injuries, because this was not a "real" war.  The Vietnam

disagreement cost about 58,000 Veterans their lives, while the newer Iraq " war"  was about 4400.  

I was personally "Booed" when I was in the airport, dressed in uniform during the Vietnam disagreement.  Now, they shake military personal hand and thank them for their service in uniform, as they should.  

My advice:  dont worrry whether they call it a "procedure" or an operation.  If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck.  Instead, go read your exam and see if they correctly identified your symptoms, AND stated it was "at least as likely as not" due to military service.    Base your analysis on what he does, not on his terminology, much of which you probably do not understand, anyways.  

If this was for the 1151 claim Steve....sounds like one way they will try to get out of responsibility for what they did.

I think your SSOC called it an operation....regardless of what they called it,they caused you additional disability.

I found one post I made here : I saved some more of them too

"Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

I forgot to add to my post

“Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) remains the most common cause of iatrogenic pancreatitis [1]. Studies have shown post-ERCP complications were responsible for greater than 65 percent of malpractice claims [2, 3]. “

http://americanmedic...ctice-case.html

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43149-depression-questions/

http://americanmedic...ctice-case.html

To add    -the term “Iatrogenic”means caused by a doctor or medical procedure.

If Retiredat44 gets a good Veteran's lawyer the lawyer will see right away what I saw in the SOC."

(Maybe it was the SSOC.)

..in any event VA tried to say my husband suddenly possibly died due to 'cocaine overdose' "which an autopsy could have ruled out."

They deliberately withheld the autopsy from the C & P doctor.

Since  he was an organ donor, the ME  had to do a full toxicology report with the autopsy.

The only meds in his blood system were VA meds.

It was one of the most egregious statements they had made to me,in denials of his 1151 claim,. knowing the veteran could not speak for himself.

It didn't work at all. OGC fixed that under FTCA.

But these bastards will stoop as low as they can go to try to get out of 1151 issues.