VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA R.O. Sent me a letter today!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My  VA Regional Office Sent me a letter today and a form  for dependent status...if your dependent status has change please feel out the form and tell us  if it has not change please fill out the form and send it back to us within 60 days of receiving this letter. if you fail to do so we will make a reduction in your dependent status to 0%

Well my dependent status has not change and has not changed for the last 15 years  they can look on E benefits like I just did.

O.I.G. must be on there Asses down there...anyway I will sign the letter and put my dependent on it like its always been I will say this in the Remarks Block  '' Please refer to my e benefits under ''dependents'' It will show you my dependent is my spouse  and has always been my dependent for as long as I have been awarded My  VA Benefits ,my Dependent status has not changed...Thank You 

These people don't have a lick of Common Sense. eh! eh!:huh:

jmo

..................Buck

Edited by Buck52
correct spelling

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Did you have a dependent reach age 18?  If you did, they want to change it and take that dependent off.  If that dependent is still in school, you can continue to claim him, but you have to show he is in school.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Nope  my dependent status has not change since I been getting benefits, my kids left home 5 years prior to my VA BENEFITS  MY SPOUSE IS MY ONLY DEPENDENT.

its the OIG down there I'm fairly sure  causing all this B.S.

isnt it AMAZING how effiecient and  fast the VA can move when they are trying to take something from a Veteran?

21-0581? It's an auto form sent every eight years. You can respond with that or 21-686c- If you don't they'll take your dependent(s) off your award and you'll get a nifty little letter from Debt Management Center- back to when the last dependency form was submitted.

People neglect to take off their ex, so that form kinda prevents you from getting a massive overpayment.