• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Axhar

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I agree with you, we have to be our own best advocates and stay on top of things but I can honestly say that ChampVA is not timely at all.  If I send in a claim, it takes them months to send it back usually saying there is an error (which is usually bs) and I resend and get my check but I have gotten to the point that if it isn't a significant amount of money I don't even bother anymore, more of my time than it is worth.  Funny that you also had to get you congressman involved.  SAD!
    • Congratulations, it sounds like you got an increase in your hearing loss.  As far as PTSD denial, then you should likely appeal this denial.  Make sure the big 3 are in your records:  Current diagnosis of PTSD, in service event or aggravation, and nexus statement.   If you post the decision "reasons and bases" for denial of PTSD, we may be able to help wording a NOD.  Cover your name and address.  I suggest a new post, on PTSD denial so its not confused with your post on hearing loss.  
    • Can you guys just PM me  I don't think its appropriate for the lady members to see /read these post. Thanks ...................Buck
    • Thank you Flores for your response. I should find out here in 2 - 3 weeks. Those FDC are moving along fast these days. If this claim gets done next month it'll be under 90 days.  I did file only one disability and the package was solid with an IME and treatment records.  I'll post to this thread when I have the results.
    • Well I'm not sure if she does treat it?she is  an( Internal Medicine Dr) she is very young and just finished her Internship in 2014 and became an MD  ..she has about 2 years as a MD at the VA. and what makes this so hard for me to ask her she is a very attractive woman...now don't get me wrong  I'd never you know what  nor do I flirt or anything like that  she is single  but still. I been thinking about asking her about this for a long time  but just never got up the damn nerve. so since my MH Dr got me on these med's should I ask her?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tdak

Can You Receive More Than 100% Disability?

11 posts in this topic

I have heard that you can receive more than 100% disability. Is this possible? It seem to me that is why they bulked all of my residuals into one code and didn't break them out seperately, so I didin't go over 100%. Even though they should be, but that is another fight/appeal.

Thanks,

Tamara

Yes, I have 100% for PTSD & 100% for Cancer from Agent Orange. You don't draw 2-100% checks. You get a SMC (Special Monthly Compensation). In my case it is something like $295 a month more than the normal 100% rate.

Don

100% SC for one disability plus 60% or greater for additional but independent SC equals SMC-

this is the "S" award-

There are many ways in which a veteran can receive SMC- Special Monthly Compensation-all in

38 USC 1114

No you can not receive a rating higher than 100%. You can however receive compensation at a higher rate than 100% due to different special monthly compensations, such as housebound, A&A or K award.

The maximum a seriously disabled sc vet can receive is more than $5,000+ a month.

pr

how do I look this up?? 38 USC 1114

I've looked on this site and searched on this site to no avail -

I need direction (in layman terms, please)

========================

GPO Access

<H3 align=center>Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) </H3><H4 align=center>BETA TEST SITE</H4>

e-CFR Data is current as of January 29, 2007

TITLE 38--Pensions, Bonuses, and Veterans' Relief

CHAPTER I--DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS

PART 4--SCHEDULE FOR RATING DISABILITIES