VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p

Rate this question

ruby

Question

I got my letter from the C&P office and they have me booked all day so I called them and asked why. They told me I was booked for a 5 hour comp exam with this PA, I am going from 10-12 lunch break and then 1230 - 3pm, I will probably only be there until 2 he will use the other hour to write the exam up.

Please tell me this is common.

Has anyone every had this long of a comp exam for range of motion of the ankles, knees, SI, shoulders and hands. Along with the HD but there isn't much to that one.

I am thinking this is a nice set up job for a denial.

Ruby

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I got my letter from the C&P office and they have me booked all day so I called them and asked why. They told me I was booked for a 5 hour comp exam with this PA, I am going from 10-12 lunch break and then 1230 - 3pm, I will probably only be there until 2 he will use the other hour to write the exam up.

Please tell me this is common.

Has anyone every had this long of a comp exam for range of motion of the ankles, knees, SI, shoulders and hands. Along with the HD but there isn't much to that one.

I am thinking this is a nice set up job for a denial.

Ruby

The length of the C&P tests are part of the exam, too see how you react mentally and physically to such a long barrage of tests, the tests of course are definately important but they are also looking at how well you hold up to the tests, PTSD claims are looked at for irritability and ability to focus and whether or not you can control yourself and for how long, and physically they look what medications you need to take during the tests to continue them, how tired you are after how long etc. Really they just want to know just how disabled you really are. If your hurting show it, if you are starting to lose it say so, critisize the process only, NOT the people. And you should make it through fine. My mental evaluation for PTSD etc. was three days long from 8am to 5pm with an hour for lunch inbetween. Took forever, and they were really just finding where my breaking point was.

Hope this helps.