VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Goofy But Serious Question

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

ok, im finally filling out my ppwk for my claim. getting it reviewed tomorrow a.m. before i submit to varo. i know alot of us with PTSD are prone to obesity. is that a valid claim with the va? im labelled on my file at the va as obese. hurt my feelings.....i prefer "fluffy" myself :rolleyes:

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think I would want the VA doing a lapband on me. They might leave a monkey wrench and a bucket of grease inside your gut by mistake.

• HadIt.com Elder

The problem, as I see it, about lapbanding is the fact that there is NOT enough psychological preparation (or weeding out) of the possible "candidates" for the proceedure.

The Wife's step-sister had the procedure. She came home, had a big ole greasy hamburger and a pound of french fries fresh outta the Fry Daddy, threw it all up, and made some fresh ones and tried to eat them again. After repeated attempts to consume the same quantities of food as before the lapbanding, I am happy to report that she has succeeded in gaining another 50 lbs, which brings her up to a Grand Total of 375 lbs. And she is convinced, and has managed to convince the rest of her absolutely grossly obese family that her "failed procedure" is THE DOCTOR'S FAULT........and she'll NEVER GO THROUGH THAT MESS AGAIN!

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry

They say that even people who have the intestional by-pass can find a way to over eat if they really want to do it. We all know by now that being really obese is a big health hazard. You go to a nursing home and you don't see many 90 year olds that are 300 lbs.

The problem, as I see it, about lapbanding is the fact that there is NOT enough psychological preparation (or weeding out) of the possible "candidates" for the proceedure.

The Wife's step-sister had the procedure. She came home, had a big ole greasy hamburger and a pound of french fries fresh outta the Fry Daddy, threw it all up, and made some fresh ones and tried to eat them again. After repeated attempts to consume the same quantities of food as before the lapbanding, I am happy to report that she has succeeded in gaining another 50 lbs, which brings her up to a Grand Total of 375 lbs. And she is convinced, and has managed to convince the rest of her absolutely grossly obese family that her "failed procedure" is THE DOCTOR'S FAULT........and she'll NEVER GO THROUGH THAT MESS AGAIN!

omg!!! i am nowhere near close to that! its funny how some folks try to blame everyone but their own actions for their weight. i know mine is from years of drinking and improper diet to to avoidance, etc. i did find out that the mphs va does both gastric bypass and lapband but was told i dont qualify cuz im not fluffy enuf! oh, and he put down obesity as a claim on my ppwk today. so, i'll let u guys know if they cover it.

• HadIt.com Elder
omg!!! i am nowhere near close to that! its funny how some folks try to blame everyone but their own actions for their weight. i know mine is from years of drinking and improper diet to to avoidance, etc. i did find out that the mphs va does both gastric bypass and lapband but was told i dont qualify cuz im not fluffy enuf! oh, and he put down obesity as a claim on my ppwk today. so, i'll let u guys know if they cover it.

KEWL! I hope that they do.