VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Here Had Back Fusion Your Results Opinon

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Helo I am 80% now total SC but was told other week I am now faced with an option of Surgery with 3 disc replacement with hardware and screws and fushion of the disc. I wanted to hear others thoughts on what they have had with back surgery as this is also SC but I am really not sure if I want to face a 6 hour surgery. I had put in for IU in 2008 and it was denied and I asked for a reconsideration based on the fact that my back had gotten worse and now I can not get around with the two cruthches. I had some nerve damage show up on MRI and followed up with a EMG test which showed chronic nerve damage in the right leg. Any ideas or thoughts as I think I am on the slow boat to disaster. I know everyone has problems but I am afraid to have and not to have it at the same time. Have a good day.....

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Oldman, Post fusion is the term used for the effects of the bone when it is fused as the fuzing prrocess is actually bone and is a form of arthritis.

J

Thanks J I am not all of that keen with the back and the fact you about got to be a Doctor with all of the terms used. I keep it simple pain lowballed goverment medicine when I look at my back and the VA. I have been looking at the best avenue I can go with my back just do not know. I really got to hit the other Nuero Doc up for what he thinks is the best way and if the artheritis in my back is SC. Not being a Doc myself I have no say in it. Like I put in before the pain is a big part of my life right now if I let it be but it is becoming harder and harder to have a reason to get out of bed here lately. You have a good day and adios and thanks for your advice/help....