Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Directive For Ao Vets

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Kurt Priessman-member of hadit and SVR radio -who won the first AO Thailand claim was -in my opinion- very instrumental in getting the VA to recognize the use of AO as defined in this new C & P Bulletin.

This news and the directive is so important that we did an additional SVR radio show on it last night and it can be found in the archives of the shows under the SVR link.

I suggested on last night's show and mention this again- it is best to contact JSRRC yourself as the VA is quick to say that JSRRC never verified the event,incident, stressor, proof of AO exposure etc etc when -in fact- sometimes JSRRC never gets a verification request from the VA to do that.And then VA denies the claim.

Compensation_PensionSeviceBulletin_May2010.doc

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Van here and it isn't downloading the entire piece. Only the title.

But to opine on this, JSRRC doesn't have most of these types of records. If you're claiming exposure outside of Viet Nam and claiming you were exposed by way of the base use, storage and disposal there won't be any record. These records aren't archived and only kept about 2 years.

As for the VARO's asking over and over for these records I doubt it. But again this shouldn't go against you, the lack of records. When they say there's no record that is true but these types of records never existed for the purposes of law. They had been destroyed, at least in most if not all cases. Lack of records is just that, not pro and not con.

I'll take a look on the internet and see if I can find a copy of the bulletin.

I've always thought the JRSSC was nothing other than a dodge to deny because the DVA already knew the answer, that is in the case of base use. Base use records don't exist.

Kurt Priessman-member of hadit and SVR radio -who won the first AO Thailand claim was -in my opinion- very instrumental in getting the VA to recognize the use of AO as defined in this new C & P Bulletin.

This news and the directive is so important that we did an additional SVR radio show on it last night and it can be found in the archives of the shows under the SVR link.

I suggested on last night's show and mention this again- it is best to contact JSRRC yourself as the VA is quick to say that JSRRC never verified the event,incident, stressor, proof of AO exposure etc etc when -in fact- sometimes JSRRC never gets a verification request from the VA to do that.And then VA denies the claim.