VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Have Two Questions

Rate this question

Donna

Question

I have a couple of questions for the forum. If the Act that was passed in the 90's gave the Sec of Vet Affairs the descion making authority after being advised from the authorized medical experts to add a presumtive disease to the list of AO list of diseases, what is the Webb hearing have to do with this authority? Is he just curious of what the medical evidence is? My second question is: has any of the previous diseases added been questioned and claims denied because of life style? ie being overweight, family history, smoking, etc? I can't see them awarding a 60 year old Vet that is 40 pounds overweight, smoked for 40 years and developed IHD anything. Do you think they will consider life style? What about the Vet who had early onset of IHD in thier 30's or 40's that now has a AICD in thier 60's? On the IHD part of this rule, with Webb trying to sabotage the passage, and the history of the VA trying to deny whatever they can, I can see them trying to use lifestyle where in the past they did not.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hang in there Donna. I had to get my heart disease direct service connected. Now the new regs should make it easier.

Webb is only trying to use this issue to gain some advantage for his own personal district. It is called lets make a deal.

It is a fairly common practice.

ANyway just keep hanging on and it will happen. I predict Effective date issues once the claim is decided.

John.