VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What A Trip! Ao

Rate this question

ironfaux

Question

Im a vietnam combat vet from 72 with ptsd that is now 100% p and t

back in oct 06 when i was only 50% i had to get a chest e-xray at bay pines

I hadnt been able to sleep laying down and my feet were swollen ,and i couldnt walk any distance for about a month without having to stop and rest.

anyway after i had the x-ray the attendant said i should stop at the emergency room to have them look at this so i went with the help of a nurse, by this time i was kinda in bad shape.

they did vitals then an ekg and within an hr i was on the 4th floor in the heart center for a week.(sorry to be so long winded)

i was diagnosed with congestive heart failure with an injection fraction of 21 % and artarial fibulation .

my vet counslor advised me to file ,so on oct 19th i did.mo march 12/ 07 i got a letter denying my claim

in oct of this yr i got some paperwork with my name typed on it about agent orange and nemher and if i signed it i would be put on the front of the list for evaluations

once again i called my vet counslor and he told me to not rock the boat and ignore it

i just went to a c and p on nov 15th and on fri .dec 3rd i called the 1-800 number and they said it was at the rater and i should hear in about 2 to 3 weeks about all this. oh and btw i have 100% n/s connected for copd so they say

My question is (finally) what can i expect and i heard about an s code and an n code and a m code can this now help me also

appreciative as always

ironfaux an old grunt and door gunner from the 1/7th cav

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Iron

If you have IHD it should be good news. If you still have a DX of congestive heart failure that could be a problem. IHD and congestive heart failure is not the same. Your service officer is really ignorant and should be out of a job. Just hang in and see what happens. If you are at least 160% you should be getting SMC "S". If you did not get it that is a error.

hi all,

I just spoke to the 1-800 number at bay pines and they told me my file went to the rater on dec 14th so I guess its just a matter of a little more time and I'll know the good or bad news in ??? , thanks for all the moral support

Not meaning to bust any bubbles but I called the 800# on Monday. My claim is also at Bay Pines and they told me mine has been with the rater since Oct. 12th. Mine is one of the more complicated claims so I don't expect to hear anything from the VA until mid to late Feb.

I'm sorry but I dont know what DX means???

and when i was at bay pines 2 weeks ago i spoke to a vet counselor and he told me my c.o.p.d. would help it along.

let me know please.

duh, thanks

now I dont know how or what to think,they told me i was gonna have a weak xmas but a great new year concerning my claim

considering I didnt reopen the claim , they did i figured I was gonna get some justice finally, oh well.

John is right- CHF is not IHD but review your medical records carefully to see if there is any evidence of cardiac ischemia.

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp10/files1/1003123.txt