VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu

Rate this question

NoliMeTangere

Question

So I recently went from 30 to 70 and the packet I received said IU has been deferred following completion of VA form 21-8940. IU shows as a new claim on eBenefits and under administrative review. The date of claim shows as the date I originally filled for an increase.

I could very easily login to eBenefits and fill out the unemployability benefit application but I'm worried it might change the date of claim because it says start a NEW application at the top.

So I guess my question is does it matter how I send the form in? Can I just fill out the unemployability application online? Should I mail it in or scan and upload it as supporting documentation? Will any of these things effect the date of claim?

Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Great on the 70% award!

They will most likely give you the date of the formal TDIU for any retro if they award TDIU.

If you get SSDI solely for the SC condition,make sure they know that ( Question # 18 on the TDIU form.)

They wont let us widows use ebennies so I dont know how any additional evidence could be loaded there.

I usually advise that under Remarks # 25 refer them to a separate page with your name, address, and C file number on it and tell them

1. if the SSDI is solely for what the 70% is for.(if you get SSDI)

2. Tell them if VA Voc rehab ever turned you down for Voc Rehab solely due to your SC condition, and

3. tell them of the side affects of your SC meds that would hinder employability...

like dont take and drive, causes confusion, drowsiness etc etc.

The side affects are in the printouts that come with your meds but you can also go to a good web site for the side affects too.

Edited by Berta

So I recently went from 30 to 70 and the packet I received said IU has been deferred following completion of VA form 21-8940.

Thanks

Did the packet include a 21-8940 ?

If so did you fill it out, sign it and send it in?

Thank you Berta and Carlie. I really appreciate what you both do around here.

I just got the packet yesterday and it did include a 21-8940. I don't have any envelopes or stamps so I was hoping I could somehow do it online. There is an option on eBenefits to apply there but I'm worried it will change the date of claim. I'll just quit being lazy and head to the post office tomorrow.