Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"bob" And Smc Complaint/award

Rate this topic

Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

Call/Write "Bob" seems to be effective. I had a series of awards from a long standing 100% P&T to other awards that totaled more than 60% using "VA" math.

Yet, SMC was never mentioned, awarded, or denied. in addition, long standing appeals were just setting at the VARO (for years).

After reading the successes others had in getting long standing issues resolved, on a whim, I E-mailed "Bob" about a week ago.

A couple of days later, this resulted in a call from the VA. This involved rehashing the contents of the E-Mail, and adding other

details. Recently, a few days later, a second call occurred. I was told that SMC was awarded, and that a five figure amount of retro was due.

Until I see things in writing, and in my account, I'll have to take the usual wait and see position.

Both calls were made by VA personnel stating that they were veterans. (Why that was emphasized, I'm not sure.)

Update! 31 Oct

Hmm,

A letter showed up today - (From the area VARO) confirming the award.

There was one days difference between the date on the award letter and the mailing date.

That almost sets a record! (By the way, the lawyer still gets 20% of retro, even though what happened is due to the email I sent!)

Now for other denials that appear to be CUE!

I'm going to have to do some research. It seems that there is law and court history that might be usable to recover the lawyers fee from the government.

Something about government actions (improper)and inaction that result in loss to a person. The law and case history is usually used when there is no appeal

practically available. Unreasonable or inordinate delay is considered a loss. The odds are against me, but one never knows!

Update 19 Nov

The Eagle flew by and made a 5 figure deposit!

BUT, it may be that the lawyers cut was not subtracted, or the award was modified after

I was given the first set of numbers! With the VA, who knows!

The last word I had was that the retro was being held based upon appeals started before the award was made,

and that the VARO was sending the appeals to the BVA (after years of delay).

Edited by Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

Bob is an informal? contraction/alternate of Robert. Further reading on this website will disclose the identity details, and why it can work.

I'd also mention that the law gives specific authority and so forth to this person by position.

Whoopee Chuck 75, this is great.

I have not had any reply to my email to the Sec ,which involves a 5 figure award too.

My RO used a claim I filed under 1151 in 2012 as a NOD to a claim I already asked them to call CUE on (Nehmer award but a major CUE in it) and I have had nothing from VA at all but they did get the proper NOD on the CUE claim on time.

How they considered the 1151 claim (short and sweet with medical evidence from VA Chief cardio doc-VACO)

as a NOD

is beyond my comprehension

I think it was the other stuff I threw in on my email to the Sec that might take more time for any response..............

I am still concerned about Phoenix and the 2 secret malpractice lists that are not secret to VA, just to the public and probably were a secret to "Bob" until I told him about them.....

The other night, after I watched the interview with Bob, I actually sent him an email about my situation. .. It was sent at 1:52 AM, I got up later and had a reply that came in at 5:53 AM. It really NOT look like an auto - reply. Said "Chuck, Debi and I will look into this and get back to you. Thanks. Bob"

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use