VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New to the VA Hospital System

Rate this question

Rob Grant

Question

Hello,

I am a veteran in Group 1:  Veterans with service-connected disabilities rated 50 percent or more and/or Veterans determined by VA to be unemployable due to service-connected conditions. 

I am new to the VA Hospital System (60% disability rating) and would like to ask what I should expect when I sign up for with the VA as my healthcare provider?  Will the VA be requiring anything specific from me, such as my DD-214, etc., in order to receive continuing care from an assigned physician ?  I live in Seattle and will be applying at the VA Hospital located at 1660 S. Columbian Way, Seattle.

Rob Grant, QM1 USCG (Ret.)

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Take your ID, DD214 and a copy of your Jan 2018 VA Yearly Sevice Connection verification letter.

Do you have a VA eBenefit Verified access account? While at your VMC, stop in at the Vet's Learning Center, usually located on the 1st floor. They'll help you set up access to your New VMC Health Records via the VA MHV (My Healthy Vet) account as well as an eBenifit account if necessary.

• HadIt.com Elder

Getting sign up for VA Health Care is fairly simple, you go to your locl VAMC & The registration  Dept  usually up front of the main entrance   take your DD 214  Birth certificate Drivers License..they will sign you up take your pic and you will recieve a VA Identification Card .

if your service connected for any condition they put that on the card too that your S.C. or Non S.C.

As Gastone mention about about the Premium Ebenefits Account/ ''MyHealtheVet''  you can track your medical records through that  once your sign up.  although there seperate accounts with different passwords. 

I log into My - MyhealtheVet   and then click on ebenefits and log on that  when I want to check ebenefits Account.

It makes it  eazy to track your health and read the progress Notes on MyhealtheVet.

You can also make copies of these progress notes if you need them, & Read what the Dr's are saying about you. 

keep track of all your medications as well order them through MyhealthVet.

Its really a Great System. 

Unfortunately other that the not so reliable ebenefit's for claims  some times that's not always correct always.