VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

checking on appeals status, right/wrong way?

Rate this question

LSGi

Question

i have an attorney who filed an appeal about 2 years ago.  i asked him recently if he would check with VA on status.

my question is, should the attorney or veteran check on the appeals status periodically or does that just cause issues with the appeals itself?  i don't want to keep asking him if that is the wrong protocol, i mean, VA way of things is a bit strange anyway,

tia

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Two years, while frustrating, isnt a long time to VA appeals.  If it makes you feel better, then call your attorney, check ebenefits, or even call the BVA to check the status.  

1 minute ago, broncovet said:

Two years, while frustrating, isnt a long time to VA appeals.  If it makes you feel better, then call your attorney, check ebenefits, or even call the BVA to check the status.  

you're right. i guess its more with me and the "feel better thinking i'm doing something". guess the attorney knew that too. appreciate the advice.

38 minutes ago, BuddyLoveAK said:

You can submit a question with IRIS here:

https://iris.custhelp.com/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzNTM1NTAyOC9zaWQvdmE2Q0R3V2s%3D

And you can check and see what month/year they're working on here:

https://www.bva.va.gov/CustomerService.asp

thanks for the links. the worriesome mind took over and i had forgotten about these. i can see why the attorney might get annoyed with my questions, though he didn't say as much, so i'm projecting a bit.

thanks for the help

LS, your Attorney filed for a BVA (What Type?) Hearing, correct?

Has your Appeal been Docketed at the BVA? Do you know your Docket Number?

Did you go with a local VA Lawyer or a National Advertised Firm?  How many VA Legal Firms did you interview with before deciding on representation? The Legal Fee Retro $% Agreement is?

You're worried about somebody your paying, getting annoyed with your requests for periodic updates? You have got to be kidding me.