Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeals Management Center

Rate this question

RSG

Question

This may be a really stupid question.

What is the function of the Appeals Management Center. I am hoping an explanation of their function will help me understand,

what my claim is doing there.

Tnx

R

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Appeals Management Center (AMC) or (VBA AMC) was created in 2003 to process remands from the BVA. ~Wings

May 5, 2005 http://www.va.gov/OCA/testimony/hvac/sdama/050505MW.asp

STATEMENT OF MICHAEL WALCOFF

ASSOCIATE DEPUTY UNDER SECRETARY FOR FIELD OPERATIONS

VETERANS BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION

BEFORE THE COMMITTEE ON VETERANS' AFFAIRS

SUBCOMMITTEE ON DISABILITY ASSISTANCE AND MEMORIAL AFFAIRS

UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

September 25, 2007 http://www.va.gov/OCA/testimony/hvac/sdama/070925AR.asp

STATEMENT OF ARNOLD RUSSO

DIRECTOR, APPEALS MANAGEMENT CENTER

VETERANS BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION

BEFORE THE COMMITTEE ON VETERANS' AFFAIRS

SUBCOMMITTEE ON DISABILITY ASSISTANCE AND MEMORIAL AFFAIRS

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that the AMC has degenerated into another VA Penalty Box

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder
I think that the AMC has degenerated into another VA Penalty Box

Mr Russo is under the gun; he might as well be the VA Secretary for his caseload. I think they should hire a few more trained people !! ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

SMG,

Once you file your appeal with the BVA (which you obviously did) they can take several actions... they can directly adjust your rating, they can remand your claim back to the original rating authority or.. as in your case send it to AMC. Now AMC assists the BVA in handleing claims which for some reason the BVA DOESNT desire to go back to the original rating authority... there can be many reasons for this, but the AMC can do all the things the original rating authority did such as schedule new C&P's etc. Oddly enough the AMC can and does also further remand stuff down to the original rating authority (heres where it just seems like its another time out box). Normally though the AMC carries the case themselves and handles it from there.

From my experience it seems that a claim goes to AMC based on one of 2 things... the caseload of the original rating authority... or a magic 8 ball (you remember those...yes.no.ask again later?). Howerver it has also been my experience the the AMC does not really change the amount of time it takes a claim to finish processing in any real sense. So, I wouldn't take it as a bad sign that it's there.

Bob Smith

What I hope, and this maybe just a fantasy, Is that the reason my claim has been remanded, and ended up there, is tha the BVA relized there were a bunch of errors, on The VRO's part. and the AMC just keeps asking for more info so they will grant my claim, and they have done what they can to CYA. I think there are so many blatant errors on the VRO's part that hey had to go thru the BVA, the Washington DC.,VRO, (instead of sending it back Boise VRO) then being remanded to AMC for them to do the right thing.. that's what I hope anyway.

Tnx Ron

• HadIt.com Elder
What I hope, and this maybe just a fantasy, Is that the reason my claim has been remanded, and ended up there, is tha the BVA relized there were a bunch of errors, on The VRO's part. and the AMC just keeps asking for more info so they will grant my claim, and they have done what they can to CYA. I think there are so many blatant errors on the VRO's part that hey had to go thru the BVA, the Washington DC.,VRO, (instead of sending it back Boise VRO) then being remanded to AMC for them to do the right thing.. that's what I hope anyway.

Tnx Ron

Ron,

I haven't figured out if you have received a denial from the AMC or if your claim has been remanded recently to the AMC.

Betty