Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.lawyersservingwarriors.com/news...es-10-0125.html

In part:

News Releases

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO YIELD BETTER BENEFITS FOR THOUSANDS OF

VETERANS SUFFERING FROM PTSD AND THEIR FAMILIES

Veterans must opt-in by July 24 for disability rating upgrade and expedited review of benefits, NVLSP and Morgan Lewis available to counsel veterans on their rights as class members

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 25, 2010

WASHINGTON—Following an order issued by the judge overseeing Sabo v. United States, legal notices are being mailed this week to more than 4,300 veterans who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom and were diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

The court’s notice invites them to join a class action lawsuit filed in December 2008 in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims by signing and submitting an “opt-in” form no later than July 24, 2010. Submitting this form will allow these veterans to take advantage of a negotiated resolution that guarantees an upgrade in the veteran’s disability rating and an expedited review by a military correction board to determine the full extent of the rating improvement

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

http://www.lawyersservingwarriors.com/news...es-10-0125.html

In part:

News Releases

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO YIELD BETTER BENEFITS FOR THOUSANDS OF

VETERANS SUFFERING FROM PTSD AND THEIR FAMILIES

Veterans must opt-in by July 24 for disability rating upgrade and expedited review of benefits, NVLSP and Morgan Lewis available to counsel veterans on their rights as class members

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 25, 2010

WASHINGTON—Following an order issued by the judge overseeing Sabo v. United States, legal notices are being mailed this week to more than 4,300 veterans who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom and were diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

The court's notice invites them to join a class action lawsuit filed in December 2008 in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims by signing and submitting an "opt-in" form no later than July 24, 2010. Submitting this form will allow these veterans to take advantage of a negotiated resolution that guarantees an upgrade in the veteran's disability rating and an expedited review by a military correction board to determine the full extent of the rating improvement

vietnam veterans fought to get the ptsd benefits recognized,and for them even to consider a seperate deal for different set of veterans , ignoring the veterans of nam,korea, ww2 leaving them out of the equasion raises my rage level to no end.

what about all the nam vets kicked out suffering with ptsd,with these general discharges ? we nam vets when we came home were spit on kicked out and shemed to no end.

oh they had the soultion back then when i was discharged i saw a 18 year old psychologist and he did not ask me one question about vietnam.

i hate em,i hate em, i hate em, i hate em.

and i really hate the slugs at jackson ms varo.

I agree that Vetnam vets as well as many other vets of other wars got crapped on until the VA actually recognized PTSD.

Still those vets didn't have the internet in those days and the net has helped to rectify some wrongs for the younger veterans .

Class Action status itself can often be a difficult status to achieve legally and that too has become easier with data bases and internet advantages that other PTSD war vets did not have access to.

I posted this and then noticed it has already been posted -sorry about that-

the opt in deadline can come fast-so I hope these 4300 vets are actually being reached by the Court.

• HadIt.com Elder

It could be a decade or longer before the class action suits are finished. I was in one with the feds that lasted 12 years before I got paid. It was a good one, but the lawyers got the money and we got a few bucks. It was a big con job. These class action suits make lawyers rich.

• HadIt.com Elder
It could be a decade or longer before the class action suits are finished. I was in one with the feds that lasted 12 years before I got paid. It was a good one, but the lawyers got the money and we got a few bucks. It was a big con job. These class action suits make lawyers rich.

But John in this case it isn't as much about pay as getting the medical retirements for the veterans, if they should have been rated at 50% or higher and the VA HAS rated them higher than 50% then these veterans have a damn good chance of getting the Retirement benefits and Tricare medical for their families which as we all know regular veterans have to be 100% to get CHAMPVA benefits for their families

this is more of that Dole/Shalala commission type garbage that makes it okay to pay NEW disabled veterans more than they pay GW1, Nam and Korean and WW2 veterans oh well there is nothing we can do about it and the govt is going to claim the Judge ordered this and that this is not what they wanted to do so new veterans get Chapter 61 retirements, SSD and VA comp the problem with that is they will have to deal with IRS as their retirement checks and SSD should put them into a taxable category because most of them will go over the 32,000 threshold at least that is one headache most of us don't have to deal with

I am happy with what I get and I don't have to fight with the tax man, but this will be a cactus under the saddle to most disabled veterans...