Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea

Rate this topic

Pain is a thing of the past.

If it hurts you have not found the correct appliance.

The first mask made the bridge of my nose so sore I could not touch it for 3 days.

sledge

I got my machine and used it for a week, then I couldnt touch the bridge of my nose, my doctor has ordered a larger mask but it has not come in yet, So I havent used my machine in a couple of months

Edited by BETRAYED

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Betrayed, The VA gave me a couple of the Newer under the nose fittings and you dont need a mask. It does not touch the bridge of the nose and it works a whold lot better for me.

Betrayed, The VA gave me a couple of the Newer under the nose fittings and you dont need a mask. It does not touch the bridge of the nose and it works a whole lot better for me.

I use a full face because I breath through my mouth due to a deviated septum, cant get enough air through my nose. Broken nose in a car accident while in service.

• HadIt.com Elder

I use a full face mask and have adjusted to it after I found out how to correctly fit it. Because of air leaks I kept making it tighter and tighter which caused a lot of problems. Most put the mask on sitting up and than lay down making the mask even tighter.

I sleep like a log now and don't snore either. However I usually do not go to sleep till 2 or 3 in the morning. If I go sooner I can't sleep.

If you have sleep apnea and if you can get used to it the CPAP is the best thing since melted butter.