Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

An Undeniable Accurate Record Of Your C&p

Rate this question

timetowinarace

Question

Okay, has anyone tried this?

When my Wife was going to court over a car accident, the insurance company required her to see a so called "independant" physician to evaluate her condition. Basically a hired gun to say nothing was wrong with her. Well our Lawyer told me to take a voice recorder and record the whole exam. That way he could not say he looked at something he did not look at.

Why couldn't I do the same for a C&P? Put the recorder right there in front of me and say, "Okay, what do you want to know?" How could they object? I bet our exams would begin to take longer than ten minutes.

Any thoughts?

Time

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Time

I know exactly what you are talking about because I did it with a workers compensation claim. I think the VA doctor at the C&P will choke and may refuse to do the exam if you insist on recording it. I would just ask if I could record because I have a bad memory and I want to be sure of all the details of the exam. If the doctor refuses I would bring a pad and make a record of the exam as soon as it is over. Don't let them put you in the posistion of obstructing the exam.

• HadIt.com Elder
Time

I know exactly what you are talking about because I did it with a workers compensation claim. I think the VA doctor at the C&P will choke and may refuse to do the exam if you insist on recording it. I would just ask if I could record because I have a bad memory and I want to be sure of all the details of the exam. If the doctor refuses I would bring a pad and make a record of the exam as soon as it is over. Don't let them put you in the posistion of obstructing the exam.

C.F.R. sez it's against the law to tape record. I'll have to look it up - - iffn' you want me too! ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder
C.F.R. sez it's against the law to tape record. I'll have to look it up - - iffn' you want me too! ~Wings

It is also a question of who will listen to the recording. I had a judge in a civil case tell me to my face at a pre-trial status conference, where I was battling a motion for a summary dismisal, that he would not listen to recordings from witnesses. He was more concerned what they said under cross examination. I know of another individual who prepared a video defense of an eviction in a landlord tennate dispute. When he got to court the judge redused to view it. The VA can let youi record anything you want. It does not mean they have to view it or listen to it.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

• HadIt.com Elder

It troubles me that a Veteran would not be allowed to tape a C&P after all the VARO tapes its Hearings.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

the VARO police have been told to hold at recording devices at the door they are not allowed in the building, and now that you have to go thru screening they are going to find them if you try to sneak them in, the only time I was ever refused to have my wife in the C&P exam room was for the PTSD C&P they have let her in for all the other C&P exams. You can try and record it, but like others have pointed out the hearing ooficer probably won't allow it, if it goes that far.

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

The tape may not be usefull in a appeal or hearing. It would however put some pressure on the examiner to do an acurate axamination. A recording where only one party knows it is being recorded cannot be used in Federal Court period. How Law enforcment does that I do not know.

However, if a C&P examiner was to give a less than thorough exam, and that exam is used by the RO over a treating physicians report to deny a Veteran's claim, the recording of that exam could be played over national media and the voters decide the case.

I Have nothing to hide in the exam room. Why would a C&P examiner?

Time