Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Champ Va

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

We are filling out the application for Champ VA. It does say to attach a copy of the DD-214. Is there anything else that needs to go with the application?

I did a search but can't find where it says what is required. I know a lot of people here have just done this also. Thanks for the help.

Edited by jangrin

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I dont remember sending Rod's DD 214 but I did send the 100% P & T award letter.

They have a great web site for questions and also their phone number is there too.

CHAMPVA is sometimes like the 800#-if you dont like the answer-call back-it might be wrong---

I had to report one of their employees for a ridiculous letter she sent to me.

Then again in the long run the letter was all wrong and the RO had to straighten them but the letter became "evidence" for my CUE claim on SMC.What aggravated me on a Monday was a Smoking Gun by Wednesday.After I calmed down and re-read it carefully.

Then I found out that it was the RO itself that had made the initial error and the CHAMPVA woman tried to get me to accept what the VA had erroneously stated.Another case of RO illiteracy.

The former RO director fixed this all in a heart beat and mailed me what he had done and the copy of it is in my c file.

Things have sure changed since he left.

Guest jangrin
I dont remember sending Rod's DD 214 but I did send the 100% P & T award letter.

They have a great web site for questions and also their phone number is there too.

CHAMPVA is sometimes like the 800#-if you dont like the answer-call back-it might be wrong---

I had to report one of their employees for a ridiculous letter she sent to me.

Then again in the long run the letter was all wrong and the RO had to straighten them but the letter became "evidence" for my CUE claim on SMC.What aggravated me on a Monday was a Smoking Gun by Wednesday.After I calmed down and re-read it carefully.

Then I found out that it was the RO itself that had made the initial error and the CHAMPVA woman tried to get me to accept what the VA had erroneously stated.Another case of RO illiteracy.

The former RO director fixed this all in a heart beat and mailed me what he had done and the copy of it is in my c file.

Things have sure changed since he left.

Thanks Berta,

I found it also.. Here's a link

http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/apply.asp

They want copies of DD-214, Birth Cert, Marriage license,and award for P&T

it didn't say all this was needed where you fill out the form it says it in the Champ VA web site. I'm glad I questioned if more was needed before I mailed the form :angry:

• HadIt.com Elder

ChampVA finally paid part of the bill for my wife after 8 months. I think to some extent it is the fault of providers. Because my wife has BC/BS as primary there is always problems getting ChampVA to pay their part as secondary. I have already had to send in two appeals to try and get them to pay. It seems like ChampVA is just waiting to find a reason not to pay. We don't get benefit of doubt if providers makes a mistake.

Thanks Berta,

I found it also.. Here's a link

http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/apply.asp

They want copies of DD-214, Birth Cert, Marriage license,and award for P&T

it didn't say all this was needed where you fill out the form it says it in the Champ VA web site. I'm glad I questioned if more was needed before I mailed the form :angry:

You will also need to fill out an OHI form that you can download from the Champva site.I had to resend this form 5 times before they finally got it.the last time i just faxed it to them.the OHI form is Other Health Insurance and they will not send the card without it.

• HadIt.com Elder

You have to send the OHI Form whether or not you have other health insurance. Good Luck I know someone who theirs in 3 weeks just recently.

Guest jangrin
You will also need to fill out an OHI form that you can download from the Champva site.I had to resend this form 5 times before they finally got it.the last time i just faxed it to them.the OHI form is Other Health Insurance and they will not send the card without it.

Thanks Admiral7, Pete,

I believe I have everything together for this. Do you know if my copies of marriage cert, dd-214, and the rest, do they have to be the actual certified papers or are just the copies good enough? thanks again.

Jangrin

Edited by jangrin