Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Varo Sent Cue Claim To Dav For Review?

Rate this question

Guest Jim S.

Question

I checked on my CUE claim's progress today and was told it was sent to my DAV representative for review, since he has my power of attorney to represent me.

I filed the claim on my own, without any assistance from the DAV, because they refused to consider my claim for CUE in the first place.

Now I am being told it was sent to them for review and they are waiting for the DAV to return it. Also I was told that the DAV post is vacant at the moment and they are looking for someone to permanently fill the possition. I guess it is being filled by temperary personel at the moment.

What would be my best course of acction at this point? Maybe I should be asked to be appointed to the postion. Not sure how SS would see this, they may claim I am able to work and cut off my SSDI benefits.

Anyway, I would like the members opions on the next course of action.

Jim S. B)

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I checked on my CUE claim's progress today and was told it was sent to my DAV representative for review, since he has my power of attorney to represent me.

I filed the claim on my own, without any assistance from the DAV, because they refused to consider my claim for CUE in the first place.

Now I am being told it was sent to them for review and they are waiting for the DAV to return it.  Also I was told that the DAV post is vacant at the moment and they are looking for someone to permanently fill the possition. I guess it is being filled by temperary personel at the moment.

What would be my best course of acction at this point?  Maybe I should be asked to be appointed to the postion.  Not sure how SS would see this, they may claim I am able to work and cut off my SSDI benefits.

Jim S.  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I am being told it was sent to them for review and they are waiting for the DAV to return it.  Also I was told that the DAV post is vacant at the moment and they are looking for someone to permanently fill the possition. I guess it is being filled by temperary personel at the moment.

What would be my best course of acction at this point?  Maybe I should be asked to be appointed to the postion.  Not sure how SS would see this, they may claim I am able to work and cut off my SSDI benefits.

Jim S.  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not sure but do you mean the VA is waiting for input from your POA?

This is often a good idea and gives the POA a chance to be supportive of the claim.

If you feel you have satisfied all three prongs of CUE criteria, regardless of what the DAV says, make sure that once they 'review' it they send it back over to be decided by the VARO.

It should show up on the 800# computer when they send it back-I just wonder how long it will take them. Hard to say on that-

IS this a POA rep in the same regional office?

• HadIt.com Elder

Since the DAV did not want to file the CUE it might have been wise to revoke their POA. You don't want some luke warm VSO looking at your claim.

Since the DAV did not want to file the CUE it might have been wise to revoke their POA. You don't want some luke warm VSO looking at your claim.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

John I was thinking that too- but seems like 90 % of them are lukewarm- or 'more than likely' they dont know what a CUE claim really is.So how could they support it-they probably look like this when they get one B)

Edited by Berta

Thanks memebers, I called on the off chance, that I may get to talk with someone at the DAV who knew what was going on. I was able to talk directly with the DAV person who is reviewing my claim and found out he is from another DAV office from another state and he has made recommendation for further developtment.

I will have more information as soon as he sends me a copy of his memo to the VARO. He did state that we should try to keep it at the VARO level and that the inadequet personality findings was garbage and unsupported.

As soon as I get the memo, I will post what he is doing to assist me. I guess new eye's is what was needed to get things moving in the right direction.

Jim S. B)

Edited by Jim S.

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks memebers,  I called on the off chance, that I may get to talk with someone at the DAV who knew what was going on.  I was able to talk directly with the DAV person who is reviewing my claim and found out he is from another DAV office from another state and he has made recommendation for further developtment.

I will have more information as soon as he sends me a copy of his memo to the VARO.  He did state that we should try to keep it at the VARO level and that the inadequet personality findings was garbage and unsupported.

As soon as I get the memo, I will post what he is doing to assist me.  I guess new eye's is what was needed to get things moving in the right direction.

Jim S.  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>