Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Missing Doctors Report

Rate this question

Justme1949

Question

My Husbands C&P Exam is next Tuesday. There is a good chance we will not have medical reports from two of his doctors. Keeping our fingers crossed that we will have them the end of next week.

Should my husband tell the examiner that his claim is not complete??? Or do you usually have some time before it goes to the raters.

Thank You

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This whole process is so complicated and discouraging. I sometimes wish my husband just continued his PTSD counselling and never put in a claim.

Thank for you help

Have you checked with the private doctor to see if-in fact-the VA actually asked for them?

If not- believe me- they often do not obtain what they say they will-your husband should request them himself.

Is he employed? If not does he receive SSA for the same disability he wants VA to SC?

If he is not employed and a private doctor said his PTSD is of such an extent that it prohibits employment he should file for TDIU also.

I hear your frustration-

But DONT give up.

Have you checked with the private doctor to see if-in fact-the VA actually asked for them?

If not- believe me- they often do not obtain what they say they will-your husband should request them himself.

Is he employed? If not does he receive SSA for the same disability he wants VA to SC?

If he is not employed and a private doctor said his PTSD is of such an extent that it prohibits employment he should file for TDIU also.

I hear your frustration-

But DONT give up.