• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro,etc,etc,etc

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

Thank U all very much for your input.

OK.. Here's my Game Plan.

On the "Appeal Process Election" paper I received it has DRO Review,Traditional Review or I want to with draw my appeal.

If I decide to with draw my "Review" do I just tell them to send it to the BVA or do I have to send it myself.

I agree about the RO"S as I had a case remanded to the RO by the BVA for more evidence ( They were suppossed to get) & it said to expedite the claim/

HA

18 months later they finally sent it back without what the BVA asked for so BVA say's " The RO did all they could to find evidence but couldn't do it so now it's OK & not a mistake"

Evidence was from when I was in VA Hospital in 1971 & files over 8 years are retired. ( Taken off computer)

Only problem is is that the RO said they looked & couldn't find where the records were retired to. Hence, the records may as well not exist.

I contested this but was told that everything they could do to find records had been done so now it was OK. DUH

About the same as VA Math. First it's a mistake & second time around it's OK.

So, what I need is some advise on how to get my claim sent to the BVA & forget about the NOD I put in at the RO.

Any help greatly appreciated.

GARY

gdsnide

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Gary- with the decision that also included the DRO election form- I think they should have attached the I-9 -for the traditional appeal process at the BVA---and then they would have given you a choice. ????

At least that is what I got. Was the NOD filed on the very last decision they made?

Or do you mean you are filing a new NOD?

When I elected the DRO review I supported it with a NOD and some evidence.

Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

My SO had me sign a statement saying there was no further evidence to consider and to consolidate all the issues I have on appeal and send the file to BVA for ajudication. I am waiting now to see what happens.

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Gary, one thing you might do, is ask for a copy of the request for records letter and a copy of the letter saying they could not locate them from the person stating this.

You can also make your own inquiry of the VAMC that had your records and inquire as to where the records were retired to, then send your own request their for your records.

Don't leave it all up to the VA to do right, do what you can, to aquire your own copy of your records. If need be as for the assistance of your elected official of your state, a Senater or Rekpresentative to inquire as to the location of these missing records.

If I had know how to argue my claim 30+ yrs. ago, I would have seen to it, that my personel evaluation records and letters approving advancement, along with receiving one of two remommendations to an advanced training school and subsequest evaluation upon completion, to show that one diagnosed with a personality disorder could not possibly have this type of record, making sure they were a part of my C-File.

Since these records were not a part of my C-File, They could not considered the complete records, nor could the VARO Examiner, having only my medical files and my own admitions to support their claim of a personality disorder and denying my claim.

Good luck locating your records, they may well be lost, since the VA is involved, but you may still locate them if you do a little leg work of your own.

Jim S. :rolleyes:

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Tell a friend

Love HadIt.com’s VA Disability Community Vets helping Vets since 1997? Tell a friend!
  • Recent Achievements

• RICHKAY earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • pacmanx1 earned a badge
      Great Content
    • czqiang1079 earned a badge
      First Post
    • Vicdamon12 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Panther8151 earned a badge
      One Year In
  • Our picks

• Caluza Triangle defines what is necessary for service connection
      Caluza Triangle – Caluza vs Brown defined what is necessary for service connection. See COVA– CALUZA V. BROWN–TOTAL RECALL

This has to be MEDICALLY Documented in your records:

Current Diagnosis.   (No diagnosis, no Service Connection.)

In-Service Event or Aggravation.
      Nexus (link- cause and effect- connection) or Doctor’s Statement close to: “The Veteran’s (current diagnosis) is at least as likely due to x Event in military service”
      • 0 replies
    • Do the sct codes help or hurt my disability rating 
    • VA has gotten away with (mis) interpreting their  ambigious, , vague regulations, then enforcing them willy nilly never in Veterans favor.  

They justify all this to congress by calling themselves a "pro claimant Veteran friendly organization" who grants the benefit of the doubt to Veterans.  

This is not true, 

Proof:  

About 80-90 percent of Veterans are initially denied by VA, pushing us into a massive backlog of appeals, or worse, sending impoverished Veterans "to the homeless streets" because  when they cant work, they can not keep their home.  I was one of those Veterans who they denied for a bogus reason:  "Its been too long since military service".  This is bogus because its not one of the criteria for service connection, but simply made up by VA.  And, I was a homeless Vet, albeit a short time,  mostly due to the kindness of strangers and friends. 

Hadit would not be necessary if, indeed, VA gave Veterans the benefit of the doubt, and processed our claims efficiently and paid us promptly.  The VA is broken. 

A huge percentage (nearly 100 percent) of Veterans who do get 100 percent, do so only after lengthy appeals.  I have answered questions for thousands of Veterans, and can only name ONE person who got their benefits correct on the first Regional Office decision.  All of the rest of us pretty much had lengthy frustrating appeals, mostly having to appeal multiple multiple times like I did. 

I wish I know how VA gets away with lying to congress about how "VA is a claimant friendly system, where the Veteran is given the benefit of the doubt".   Then how come so many Veterans are homeless, and how come 22 Veterans take their life each day?  Va likes to blame the Veterans, not their system.   
    • Welcome to hadit!  

There are certain rules about community care reimbursement, and I have no idea if you met them or not.  Try reading this:

https://www.va.gov/resources/getting-emergency-care-at-non-va-facilities/

However, (and I have no idea of knowing whether or not you would likely succeed) Im unsure of why you seem to be so adamant against getting an increase in disability compensation.  

When I buy stuff, say at Kroger, or pay bills, I have never had anyone say, "Wait!  Is this money from disability compensation, or did you earn it working at a regular job?"  Not once.  Thus, if you did get an increase, likely you would have no trouble paying this with the increase compensation.  

However, there are many false rumors out there that suggest if you apply for an increase, the VA will reduce your benefits instead.  

That rumor is false but I do hear people tell Veterans that a lot.  There are strict rules VA has to reduce you and, NOT ONE of those rules have anything to do with applying for an increase.  

Yes, the VA can reduce your benefits, but generally only when your condition has "actually improved" under ordinary conditions of life.  

Unless you contacted the VA within 72 hours of your medical treatment, you may not be eligible for reimbursement, or at least that is how I read the link, I posted above. Here are SOME of the rules the VA must comply with in order to reduce your compensation benefits:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.344

• Good question.   

Maybe I can clear it up.  

The spouse is eligible for DIC if you die of a SC condition OR any condition if you are P and T for 10 years or more.  (my paraphrase).  

More here:

Source:

https://www.va.gov/disability/dependency-indemnity-compensation/

NOTE:   TO PROVE CAUSE OF DEATH WILL LIKELY REQUIRE AN AUTOPSY.  This means if you die of a SC condtion, your spouse would need to do an autopsy to prove cause of death to be from a SC condtiond.    If you were P and T for 10 full years, then the cause of death may not matter so much. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use