Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Warning #2

Rate this question

Arch

Question

Well I was just strung along by the local University hospital and had to stay overnite there. It was a miserable stay, I was told I "had to be there at 0730" I got up at 0300 hours drove the 100 miles and showed up early :lol: I was told the Doctor has an emergency and it would be a little while longer, being reasonable, hungry, tired I put up with this "ACT" or dog and pony show. I was going to go home by 1100 hours till they cajolled me into staying, At 1400 hours they did the proceedure and gave me so many blood thinners I was forced to stay overnite. :D

When we got home and checked the mail, the Hospital had sent me a "demand letter" for $917.00 for the medicare copay. I have Medicare part A and B,it seems unreasonable to have a copay worth as much or more than the room overnite.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I sent them a letter saying"I do not pay anything without an itemized bill" so far no bill! I Called the Soc Sec office and they told me to say just that, it has to go through a company called "Noridian" to arbitrate the charges. Looks like just another Con Job by the Medical Mafia so far. I Have often heard that

"You become cured as soon as you run out of benefits"

Arch. Redux :P

WATCH THOSE COPAYS FELLOW VETS, ITTL KILL YOUR WALLET QUICK :rolleyes:

Arch Sgt. USAF

Edited by Arch

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Dataman

If he retired (I doubt it at Sgt) he can have both Medicare B and Tricare for Life. But he has to tell them (Deers Program) and sign up. It's free, but 230 for Wife (she only gets Tricare Prime unless Medicare). Then free for her.

You have to have Part B.

They pick up all the costs if that is the case (most of the time). Have for me

SteveD

If he retired (I doubt it at Sgt) he can have both Medicare B and Tricare for Life. But he has to tell them (Deers Program) and sign up. It's free, but 230 for Wife (she only gets Tricare Prime unless Medicare). Then free for her.

You have to have Part B.

They pick up all the costs if that is the case (most of the time). Have for me

SteveD

Dataman, you are right I am not retired AF, the point is I did not use medicare for years and I was suckered by an ambitious Doctor. :lol:

Most of us are not "retired" Military, many of us are in the same boat and not as fortunate as you are, many Wives and survivors are here too. I depend on the VA for

my healthcare as it pays the costs for me. Its a real shock to get into the "real world" :rolleyes:

Arch Sgt. USAF SAC Medic 8th AF.

Arch tell them to hold their horses and that you would like to pay a little at a time.

Pete they are goint to have to hold their horses, I downsized to live where I am and really dont have the money to pay them for "demand" letters.If I were to downsize much further it would be cardboard boxes. :lol: I cannot buy additional health insurance due to My Heart disease and end stage liver failure! "No I was not an alcoholic" just exposed to too much stuff, medigap would cost me more than my monthly budgett for food. :rolleyes:

Arch

Guest Dataman

Pay what what you can. Worse they can do is ruin your credit. Be a Duck. Let it slide off your back.

I went to ER the other day myself instead of VA (VA Er takes Forever and does nothing). Needed breathing treatment. But got

Blood Work

Chest XRay

EKG

More Drugs

And finally my breathing treatment. I bet a 2k visit. Way way overkill. I had Xray less than week before and lungs ok. Did not need EKG, but they found I had health insurance and ordered every test in the book.

I understand, I felt like crap (I do when cannot breath). But was all that really necessary? I know the VA can sent you to ER and pay the costs. But you have to go thru them. If your VA is like mine you can die waiting.

Sorry to hear you did not get to do your 20 and retire. I almost got forced out myself when hurt. I just had too many years to be forced out until retirement. So I finished my 20. I would have jumped if offered. Glad now they did not offer.