Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Warning #2

Rate this question

Arch

Question

Well I was just strung along by the local University hospital and had to stay overnite there. It was a miserable stay, I was told I "had to be there at 0730" I got up at 0300 hours drove the 100 miles and showed up early :lol: I was told the Doctor has an emergency and it would be a little while longer, being reasonable, hungry, tired I put up with this "ACT" or dog and pony show. I was going to go home by 1100 hours till they cajolled me into staying, At 1400 hours they did the proceedure and gave me so many blood thinners I was forced to stay overnite. :D

When we got home and checked the mail, the Hospital had sent me a "demand letter" for $917.00 for the medicare copay. I have Medicare part A and B,it seems unreasonable to have a copay worth as much or more than the room overnite.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I sent them a letter saying"I do not pay anything without an itemized bill" so far no bill! I Called the Soc Sec office and they told me to say just that, it has to go through a company called "Noridian" to arbitrate the charges. Looks like just another Con Job by the Medical Mafia so far. I Have often heard that

"You become cured as soon as you run out of benefits"

Arch. Redux :P

WATCH THOSE COPAYS FELLOW VETS, ITTL KILL YOUR WALLET QUICK :rolleyes:

Arch Sgt. USAF

Edited by Arch

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The wife was medically retired with only 7 yrs in service so we qualify for tricare...honestly, I think all vets should get tricare regardless of whether or not you are officially retired.

As for your bill....medical bills are handled differently then regular bills. The hospital/doctor cannot report to the credit bureaus unless you refuse to pay ANYTHING. As long as you pay something every month (even if it's only $5) your credit will stay clean.

• HadIt.com Elder

I get a pension from the post office. In the years to come I think most of the pension will be used to pay for my medical insurance. The insurance is going up 10% a year and my cola is just 3-4%. Medical costs are going to eat us alive if we don't depend totally on the VA.

The wife was medically retired with only 7 yrs in service so we qualify for tricare...honestly, I think all vets should get tricare regardless of whether or not you are officially retired.

As for your bill....medical bills are handled differently then regular bills. The hospital/doctor cannot report to the credit bureaus unless you refuse to pay ANYTHING. As long as you pay something every month (even if it's only $5) your credit will stay clean.

Thanks, I hope thats correct, I will pay something thanks for the ray of sunshine. Medigap coverage for me is almost $150/month.

Arch