Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused?/

Rate this question

robert51

Question

Finally got my SSD stuff almost in order .. this last may my Direct deposit finally went in... ON May 16, they deposit a check , i am thinking its for the month of may but SSD says they THINK the May deposit was my missing april check so after the month is over you still wait 2 to 3 weeks more to get paid for the last month? Is this how it works.. april check paid in middle of may and so on ?

Having been awarded SSD almost 9 months ago i am still waiting for my childrens to arrive... they keep saying we are working on it...

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I don't remember the dates now -- but the day you get your payment depends on when your birthdate is. My husband got his on --I think it was the third Wednesday of the month.

They don't send them all out at one time anymore. They send them all through the month -- but you will always get yours at the same time each Month -depending on your birthday.

Free

Finally got my SSD stuff almost in order .. this last may my Direct deposit finally went in... ON May 16, they deposit a check , i am thinking its for the month of may but SSD says they THINK the May deposit was my missing april check so after the month is over you still wait 2 to 3 weeks more to get paid for the last month? Is this how it works.. april check paid in middle of may and so on ?

Having been awarded SSD almost 9 months ago i am still waiting for my childrens to arrive... they keep saying we are working on it...

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10077.html#about

When and how your benefits are paid

Social Security benefits are paid each month in the month following the month for which they are due; for example, you would receive your July benefit in August. Generally, the day of the month you receive your benefit payment depends on the birth date of the ­person on whose earnings record you receive benefits. For example, if you get benefits as a retired worker, your benefit will be determined by your birth date. If you receive benefits based on your spouse’s work, your benefit payment date will be determined by your spouse’s birth date.

Date of birth Benefits paid each month on

1st - 10th Second Wednesday

11th - 20th Third Wednesday

21st - 31st Fourth Wednesday

If you receive both Social Security and SSI benefits, your Social Security payment will arrive on the third of the month and your SSI payment will arrive on the first of the month.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10077.html#about

When and how your benefits are paid

Social Security benefits are paid each month in the month following the month for which they are due; for example, you would receive your July benefit in August. Generally, the day of the month you receive your benefit payment depends on the birth date of the ­person on whose earnings record you receive benefits. For example, if you get benefits as a retired worker, your benefit will be determined by your birth date. If you receive benefits based on your spouse’s work, your benefit payment date will be determined by your spouse’s birth date.

Date of birth Benefits paid each month on

1st - 10th Second Wednesday

11th - 20th Third Wednesday

21st - 31st Fourth Wednesday

If you receive both Social Security and SSI benefits, your Social Security payment will arrive on the third of the month and your SSI payment will arrive on the first of the month.

thank you for the info.....

I guess they don't pay anyone on the first of the month anymore.

I know the Wednesday thing can be a pain -- because your creditors want paid on a certain DATE --not by the third Wednesday. Months that START on Thursday means the whichever Wednesday you are on come a week later.

Hopefully your kid's payments will follow pretty quickly.

I think once they get it going - it stays pretty smooth.

We didn't get my son's check once --and they replaced it in a few days..(SSI)

Free

thank you for the info.....

• HadIt.com Elder

You seem to have encountered one of the many disadvantages of direct deposit. At least a mailed check indicates what it's for. In addition, direct deposit authorizes the gov to make withdrawal's, and is not limited by the amount of a check the gov claims was issued in error. Withdraw first, then tell you about it (maybe eventually) is the normal practice.

Direct deposit is justified if you are concerned about the security of a mailed check. In some crime ridden areas, mailbox contents are often riffled for such things as SS checks. Most banks require positive identification and an account to accept a gov check. Merchants may not be so picky, although they are required to also identify the customer.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have always got my SSD on the 3rd of the month unless it was a holiday and than I got it earlier.