Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Rate this topic

Effective treatment does not equal 0 percent. If it did we would all be in a hurt - take DMII with insulin, proper diet and excerise it can and is controlled. If it is controlled then should your rating be reduced? Same with Hypertension. If you have fibro that affects the various body systems then your rating is based upon that fact and not the fact that one is using a treatment which has it under control.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Effective treatment does not equal 0 percent. If it did we would all be in a hurt - take DMII with insulin, proper diet and excerise it can and is controlled. If it is controlled then should your rating be reduced? Same with Hypertension. If you have fibro that affects the various body systems then your rating is based upon that fact and not the fact that one is using a treatment which has it under control.

Actually, a lot of disabilities are rated by the degree to which the disability effects one's everyday life. If the treatment lessens the symptoms to a great degree, then the disability would be lessened.

Tim

Vet and proud of it

Guest JACKNCOKE

Huskerfan...

I would say I am as bad as anyone on this board PTSD wise... (But I wouldnt argue with anyone about that)... As far as anything working, I can only talk 100% about what has worked for me, and that is pain relief via acupuncture... (If I find out the PTSD cure, trust me, you will know)...

As far as a student, I have access to all kinds of healing methods in Alternative medicine, Ayurvedic Medicine (India), and Chinese medicine... Most of the stuff I have learned is for the treatment of Major issues like Aids and Cancer... Stuff I dont have etc....

I dont try to pass on false hope to people, I try to pass on real hope... There are people that have been cured of thier cancer by simply changing thier diets... Cancer feeds on sugar, and my terminal (prostate) Brother in law wont stop eating cookies and donuts, and it pisses me off, but so be it... You cant force it on anyone...

I guess my goal of these posts is to get people to realize that the Drug companies and FDA dont give a shit about anybody, and they just want money (We arent talking about the well intentioned scientists at the FDA, we are talking about the facist leaders).... Now, could there be "natural health" cures companies trying to rip people off??? Of course, thats why you have to investigate...

I guess the whole reason I got into natural health is by figuring out that the 4 drugs "they" said I'd have to take for the rest of my life for Angina was easily cured by drinking more water and staying hydrated....

Convinced me to do more research....

Goldminer.....

Cant be a quack device if it has no claims behind it... It is an energy device, Ive used it, and well, lets just say the woman was very happy

• HadIt.com Elder

DMII is rated on criteria like if you have to take insulin or not. The insulin may make you better but taking it is what bumps up your rating. If you don't need some kind of medication for the DMII you only get 10%. If you take meds for it you get a higher rating regardless of if the meds help you or not.