Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Automobile Assistance

Rate this question

linda

Question

My husband had a truck that had a scooter lift installed on it. we bought the truck but the va paid for the lift . the truck was whiped out from tree by katrina, but the scooter lift is still okay . Can he file to get a truck from va . He is 100% service connnected. We just can not afford to buy another truck and he needs one for the lift .. We did not have compensation on the truck and homeowners won,t pay for truck .Thanks linda

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim

Thanks for that info, I had no idea that the Va would pay for a vehicle, I just thought that adaptive equipment was it.

Learn something new everyday.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

Since I had to ask my insurance representative about coverage of my chair lift and how I could see to it, that it was insured, it might be wise to see how your home owners policy reads.

I would also advise a set down with your insurance representative and have them show you on your home owners policy, that negates compensation for damages to your personal vehicle, while parked on your property, when damage is done by natural causes. ie; a hurricane.

Good luck:

Jim S.

Do you have Farmers Insurance?

They are underfire big time here in WA State for the way they refuse to pay for disabilities. One lady they drug it out for 11 years while she lost her house, had to declare bankruptcy and live in her car while in a wheelchair.

Nice people.....

Since I had to ask my insurance representative about coverage of my chair lift and how I could see to it, that it was insured, it might be wise to see how your home owners policy reads.

I would also advise a set down with your insurance representative and have them show you on your home owners policy, that negates compensation for damages to your personal vehicle, while parked on your property, when damage is done by natural causes. ie; a hurricane.

Good luck:

Jim S.

MY policy coverage for trees says it has to hit a structure such as house or shed for coverage . they will not even pay for the cost of tree removal unless it is on a structure for hurricanes. my tree fell on my neibors house also and his insurance has to pay it . my neighbors tree fell on my shed and my insurance pays it . i have argued with insurance people for 2 months and have gotten nowhere . they would not even pay for my refrigerator and freezer that sat for 1 month with rotten food in it . said it could be cleaned . i told them to come on down and clean it up for me . linda