Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do They Really Think We Are Stupid?

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

I just received a decision on an appeal from 2003 from the Board of Appeals. I read it and couldn't believe what I was reading. It stated that I reported that I manage to do my activities of daily living very well, which is the biggest fabrication of the truth. Everything that I said or sent to them said the opposite even to the fact that I could not travel to my brother's funeral because of the problems that I was having with my back.

I am in the process of request the document that states that I said I am able to manage my activities of daily living very well, because that will be what I use in court.

How can they fabricate information like that and think we will not see what they are doing. Clearly this was done to help change the outcome of the decision. How can I manage the activities of my daily living when I have been taking oxtcodone 4 times a day and methadone 3 times a day and been diagnosed with depression in which I am taking medication for it.

These people never seems to amaze me. I know they will again because they are going to say that I did not appeal this decision in time. Eventhough, they mailed the decsion to an old address in March. When I appealed it was from the address I am presently living, so how did they manage to send it to an old address, you tell me!

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It amazes me that more things like this do not happen unless they are not published.

That really sends my stupid crapometer to the top of the scale.

It is time to call congress and get an attorney.

And the BVA is supposed to be the smart ones.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

You would be surprised what is in your "C" File that is why so many recommend that you read it.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Do you have copies of your C&P exams? I think they get a lot of the stuff from those. In looking through my husband's files I see where he would write and tell them how bad his shoulder hurt - then they would send him to a C&P - and amazingly the doctor reports that he said his shoulder didn't bother him hardly at all. Now why would someone insist repeatedly that something hurt - and then deny it to the doctor.

Or the C&P doctor even said that my husband had said his shoulder was a "Non-player" - which the doctor said meant that it didn't really bother him.) To me if someone said their shoulder was a non-player - I would think they meant that they didn't use it very much - or it wasn't very useful.

My husband did NOT try to claim depression. He didn't think he was depressed. He claimed fatigue. But over and over the doctors kept stating he was depressed. Odd that when you TRY to claime depression - you aren't depressed. But when you try to claim something else - it is all about depression.

Free

I just received a decision on an appeal from 2003 from the Board of Appeals. I read it and couldn't believe what I was reading. It stated that I reported that I manage to do my activities of daily living very well, which is the biggest fabrication of the truth. Everything that I said or sent to them said the opposite even to the fact that I could not travel to my brother's funeral because of the problems that I was having with my back.

I am in the process of request the document that states that I said I am able to manage my activities of daily living very well, because that will be what I use in court.

How can they fabricate information like that and think we will not see what they are doing. Clearly this was done to help change the outcome of the decision. How can I manage the activities of my daily living when I have been taking oxtcodone 4 times a day and methadone 3 times a day and been diagnosed with depression in which I am taking medication for it.

These people never seems to amaze me. I know they will again because they are going to say that I did not appeal this decision in time. Eventhough, they mailed the decsion to an old address in March. When I appealed it was from the address I am presently living, so how did they manage to send it to an old address, you tell me!

Think Outside the Box!

I think the C&P files cause a lot of problems also. In my latest one which was used for my appeal several of the statements in it were a cut and paste job from my very first exam with the VA. Important things such as my blood pressure readings. I have a copy of the reading they took with their little machine in July 05, however, the exam findings were totaly different. When I researched it I found that the BP readings reported in the July o5 exam were those taken and reported in my Dec 2000 exam. I have not found any way to get it corrected so I sent in a copy of the readings they took and recorded in July 05 but in the rating they used the ones reported in the exam from 2000. Apeal, apeal, apeal I guess that is what they want you to do!

They are playing the odds, and most times they win. Most vets dont even file a claim, and the ones who do either misfile, or just accept the initial decision. I have seen it too many times. Its like the house odds in Vegas, but where the house averages a take of 95% or so.

So, yeah man, they do think we are stupid. The sad fact is though that while many vets are not stupid, they are not willing or just dont know that they can file for compensation.....

I've said it before, I know a vet who had half his foot shot off in vietnam, and for 30 some odd years he never received any medical care after discharge, nor compensation.... nothing for over 30 years because he didnt know he even could..... it make me want to cry sometimes man, it really does.

Bob Smith

• HadIt.com Elder

You know I have been reading the VBM and I find that the actual rules and regs are very favorable to vets. However, the VA ignores the official rules and wrongly denies many claims. If the vet knows the rules he/she will win in the end.