Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do They Really Think We Are Stupid?

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

I just received a decision on an appeal from 2003 from the Board of Appeals. I read it and couldn't believe what I was reading. It stated that I reported that I manage to do my activities of daily living very well, which is the biggest fabrication of the truth. Everything that I said or sent to them said the opposite even to the fact that I could not travel to my brother's funeral because of the problems that I was having with my back.

I am in the process of request the document that states that I said I am able to manage my activities of daily living very well, because that will be what I use in court.

How can they fabricate information like that and think we will not see what they are doing. Clearly this was done to help change the outcome of the decision. How can I manage the activities of my daily living when I have been taking oxtcodone 4 times a day and methadone 3 times a day and been diagnosed with depression in which I am taking medication for it.

These people never seems to amaze me. I know they will again because they are going to say that I did not appeal this decision in time. Eventhough, they mailed the decsion to an old address in March. When I appealed it was from the address I am presently living, so how did they manage to send it to an old address, you tell me!

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am SC for chronic pain syndrome due to perhipheral neuropathy and also in terms of psychological factors. It falls under my award for a emotional/mental disorder. I get meds for the mental thing and for the pain. Chronic pain syndrome is more involved than just chronic pain. It is a mixture of physical pain and psychological factors. If you have pain from a service connected injury then that is just a symptom of the injury.

If you have pain from a service connected injury then that is just a symptom of the injury.

I meet the requirments for a rating under 9422, beleive me I have read the DSM-IV numerous times and I fully understand and comprehend the what DSM-IV states. I was responding to

QUOTE(Hoppy @ Jun 25 2007, 02:41 AM) *

The VA uses made up irrelevant issues to get you off track.

Which is true. When they gave me that reason at that meeting with the Veterans Service Center Manager, and I was accompanied by a staffer from my congressman's office the were using smoke and mirrors to avoid the question, or should I say they were blowing smoke up my ***. When I realized what had happened I called my congressman's office and talked to the staffer who accompanied me to the meeting and he also remembered exactly what they said in response to my question. Its indicative of the VA's standard operating procedures to do that in front of a congressional representative.

Boy Howdy, when I had a meeting with the HMFIC in the Detroit VARO, one of my questions was how come I didnt receive a rating for chronic pain under 9422. The answer I got was because I was getting a % for depression and you can only have one mental condition. :angry:

Is that true that "......you can only have one mental condition. :angry: "???

i know BP ( bi-polar ) is one disorder but in many ways it is several disorders wrapped in one bun; kinda like a hotdog with everything on it.

i also know one disorder can morph into something else for numerous reasons. How would something like that effect a rating?

• HadIt.com Elder

Like many I have more than one emotional condition but the VA lumps them all together under the most serious one and gives you a single rating. People with PTSD often have depression, anxiety, agoraphobia, social phobia and other problems but they are rated under PTSD. You can be rated 100% just for anxiety as long as that condition makes it impossible for you to work and/or interact socially.

• HadIt.com Elder

John:

They have raised the property evaluation on my home two years in a row. This year I protested and asked for an accommodation from them and I have spent most of the day talking to five different people at the District. Until I told them I was going to contact a lawyer they kept telling me that I would have to use the process. The process is going in and signing a list and sitting with a bunch of unhappy people bitching about their taxes.

Finally they made an appointment just as I have requested for 2 years. Just the mention of attorney changed their attitude. I wonder if that will be the same for the VA?