Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disabled Veteran Life Insurance

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

We are mailing in the apllication for the Disabled Veterans Life Insurance. Does anyone know what else needs to be sent with the application?

Does a copy of he award letter need to be sent also?

Also, do we send in the request for waiver of insurance premiums with the application or do we wait and see if we get the insurance first?

Please anyone remember the process on this?

Thank you,

jangrin

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I just signed up on line I think through the VA website but I do remmeber they did call and ask me a couple of questions. Kind of confusing but have it all it place now with deduction straight out of my monthly check.

Hope this helps!

Stillhere

We filled out the form on line and sent it in. yes you need to send all documents I believe also a copy of mariage certificate and birth certificate.It tells you on line what you all need to send in, then it takes about 6 weeks before you hear anything. we also took the extra 20 which cost 93.40 a month eventually they will deduct that from compensation check but here in Wis. they haven't started that yet, they said hopefully in Sept. If you fill it out on line you can also fill three beneficary's out or how many you want for us it was three with me being the first on down the line.

Mrs. JohnM, Dianne

• HadIt.com Elder

Jangrin

I would send in the waiver request along with the application. Getting the disabled vet life insurance and the waiver was pretty easy and did not involve a long drawn out process with appeals etc. You can only get the waiver for the initial 10,000 bucks. You can get extra insurance but I think you might do better through the private sector.

• HadIt.com Elder

John I did it all on line they sent me a form to sign and designate the beneficiaries and they waivered the first 10,000 then I signed up for the 20,000 term as I can't buy any insurance from anyone they said they would take out 3 months payment from the July check in August then start taking the monthly payment automatically I think the 20,000 term was about 31 a month but hell I can't buy it anywhere else so it's better than none...doing it online was so easy I tried to do it about a year ago and the VAMC doctors and clinic paperworkers kept losing the damn paperwork

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

When I did my free $10,000, I sent a copy of 100% P & T award letter.

Then for amount I wrote waiver. Mike Harris told me to do it this way. Got couple of calls, but didn't send a dime.

Don