Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied!

Rate this question

Cherie33

Question

Hi All,

Here we go again...Well, I received a letter from my vocah rehab counselor stating that "She made a determination that it is not feasible for you to benefit from a program designed to return you to gainful employment. However, we will be providing you an evaluation for Individualized Living services."

Ok...now I received a phone call from a VA representative to set up an appointment to come by my house and complete an evaluation for Independent Living Services. Does anyone know what to expect? What should I do after that? I am currently 70% (Combined & Total disabled) should I file for TDIU?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Cherie33

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Are you not able to work because of your service connected disabilities and currently unemployed? If the answer is yes, then it would be in your best interest to file for TDIU. The denial of voc rehab will certainly help a TDIU claim. Of course, Im not one of the Hadit elders who know dang near everything there is to know, Im just in the middle of my TDIU claim right now B)

• HadIt.com Elder

Cherie

If you are 70% and unable to work you should file for TDIU. You have the required percentage rating.

Cherie

If you are 70% and unable to work you should file for TDIU. You have the required percentage rating.

Hey John999, I am 70% and unable to work. and Nathan it is because of my service connected disabilities. However, I need someone to help me fill out the TDIU form...Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Cherie33

• HadIt.com Elder

Cherrie:

When were you rated 70%? If the VA messed up you may be do some back pay and a lot more money each month. Do you get Social Security Disability?

The evaluation will be to see if they can do something to make life better for you. Most get Computers but there is other stuff you can do.

Good Luck

Cherie33

I've recently went through this program. Someone will visit you to see what you need to help you live independently with your disabilities. I'm rated 70% for my back and both knees. I was given long handled devices so i don't have to bend, a stool for the kitcken, a chair for the shower and a few other things. I also got a computer. They will not give you a list of what they have. so make your own list of what you want yo ask for. I didn't know this.

My appeal is at the appeals management center and they have my info from Voc Rehab about my being in the assisted living program. My rep said it should help my IU claim. Hope so. I filed in Jan 2000 and been appealing since. Hopefully you won't have to go through what I have. File ASAP.

BIGPAPA92

Guest jangrin
Hey John999, I am 70% and unable to work. and Nathan it is because of my service connected disabilities. However, I need someone to help me fill out the TDIU form...Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Cherie33

Cherrie,

Down load the TDIU form and start filling it out. If you get to a question you don't know what to do, come on Hadit and someone will talk you through it.Just ask question number such and such, what do I write. Someone will help you. You can do this, and it is important to file for the TDIU.

Jangrin