Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Chuck:

You will have to wait a long time and get a consult for it not easy based on how you feel about it.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Is the VA likely to provide an MRI based on patient request.

I have a concern of a dull ache under my jaw bone.

;)

Most VA's have at least a 30 day wait and require a referral. If you can get your primary care doctor to order you one it would be OK. If not and you are on SSA then you may want to venture to the private sector. I have already had a cancer scare this year and personally it is not much fun.

Most VA's have at least a 30 day wait and require a referral. If you can get your primary care doctor to order you one it would be OK. If not and you are on SSA then you may want to venture to the private sector. I have already had a cancer scare this year and personally it is not much fun.

I told my primary care doctor at the va, I wanted a MRI on by BACK on account of all the pain it took a couple of weeks to get in, and 2 months later had back surgery, and not service connected for back yet.

It won't be an MRI, but a CT scan in that area. I know, because in the past 14 months I have had 7 of them...

I went through Dental and Oral Surgery with my pain and had a CT the very same day that I went in the 1st time...come to find out I had an osteomyelitis of the jaw (a bone infection).

Go to Dental as an emergency........

Guest allanopie

>Go to Dental as an emergency........

Don't bother if your less than 100%SC or TDIU vet. The VA won't even discuss dental issues if your not. That includes vets who qualify for ILS.

It won't be an MRI, but a CT scan in that area. I know, because in the past 14 months I have had 7 of them...

I went through Dental and Oral Surgery with my pain and had a CT the very same day that I went in the 1st time...come to find out I had an osteomyelitis of the jaw (a bone infection).

Go to Dental as an emergency........

Seattle,

Sorry about the jaw osteo. I've got it in the foot. Check out the medical-health forum as I just added a post there re: osteomyelitis.

Riverman