Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Digital Camera

Berta

I finally got a digital camera-

Now I dont know why I put this off so long !

I couldnt wait to install the batteries and photo card, snap a few shots and see how it worked.

Like a dream!

I copied some pix right off the card and then I saved a few to my PC-in a new folder-

I had no problem at all emailing my daughter the pictures from the PC.

I dont have any photo paper yet but they also printed off quite well.

I have not attached the camera to my PC yet nor downloaded the disk that came with it.

I think by just using the photo card -I put it right into my printer scanner and then have option to print it or save to the PC-this will eliminate need to plug the camera into the PC etc-

Question- why do people plug the cameras into their PCs and then download the disk that comes with the camera?

The photo card -to scanner seems so far to be all I need.

I have Windows XP and a new program opened up that allowed me to edit the photos anyhow.

Here is one of them- my dining room has lots of stuff from Vietnam, Japan and Africa in it.My daughter bought me those chairs for Mothers day.I took the cat's picture first-of course and one of the dairy herd in my backyard and also my petunias-I hope the right one got here.

I need to read the instructions as to how to adjust the lighting etc- but I was thrilled with this camera.

post-868-1182690493_thumb.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Plugging the camera into the computer is one way to get the images into your computer. Some camera manufacturers, Kodak most of all, want you to use their software as well as their hardware. They'll tell you that it makes things easier and in someways it does. It also gives Kodak a way to monitor you.

i would suggest simply using your card in the computer. XP comes with a viewer. You can edit you pictures in paint although that's nowhere near the best option. There are several free image editors available on cnet or other download sites.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=i...G=Google+Search

Photoshop is the king of image editors. It also costs about $700.00 and has a step learning curve.

http://www.irfanview.com/ is popular and been around for a long time. i like paint.net.

One of the ( IMO ) most important modification you need to understand and make to jpegs is the size of the image. Larger to print smaller to email. There is this little program that if i am not mistaking comes from microsoft that allows you to change the size of your images with a right click of you mouse button. i'll try to find the link for it and post it later.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

How sweet of you to post the picture.

I feel that I know you better, as they say, " A picture is worth a thousand words".

I don't much about camera's except for the 4 years that I helped my husband sell antiques on ebay, but I dearly love your dining room drapes and sure wish that you would swing that camera around and let me see that lovely antique oak corner cabinet.

My computer has either cut off the far side of your picture or and I am sure that you were not aiming at the cabinet, but I sure do " Love" it.

Your dining room is very beautiful.

Always,

Josephine

Yes-I have Photo shop on the PC -never used it before -it automatically allowed me to reduce stuff I put into emails-

Steppenwolf I confess I have not read the camera instructions yet-only the photo card part-

At some point I will attach it to the PC etc-if I find need-

as it is I am only an amateur-

there have been some extraordinary photos here from hadit members-

This is only a Canon Powershot A 460 and only cost about $117 at amazon.I got an extra different type of photo card too because my scanner takes 4 types-just in case this one didnt work.

I am thrilled with it.

Guest jangrin

Berta,

Lots of us getting into taking photo's. It must be the aging process. LOL

I just got a Canon Digital also, with a printer. The camera store had a sale going on and I got the Canon 9000 for about 299.00 because they are coming out with a new 800.00 printer so this one went on sale. Prints photos up to 13X19.I checked out purchasing some pictures for the house and they were so expensive I decided to use photo graphs of my own rather than someones elses paintings or prints.

So I'm learning too. Still reading the manual on the camera and printer.

It is fun though.Is T-bird picture gallery up and running?

Jangrin

Edited by jangrin