Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange Issue

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

Back in 1984 Veterans of Vietnam were compensated from the chemical companies who supplied agent orange. Most Vets did not know of their illness till much later in life. Does anyone know if there is another lawsuit with these companies to compensate the Vets that did not recieve anything? Does anyone know of a website that we can read about this or find out about this? My sister-in-law said she read something about a lawsuit but did not understand it and also did not save the article. She is not to good on the computer and did not think of saving it.

JohnM's Wife Dianne

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I found this???

Listen to what NPR has to say about Dr. Gerson H. Smoger and his agent orange lawsuit victory.

NPR radio interview with Dr. Gerson Smoger regarding his case:

http://discover.npr.org/features/feature.jhtml?wfId=1292789

Agent Orange

Melissa Block speaks with Gerson Smoger, the lawyer for Joe Isaacson, and Daniel Stephenson, a retired helicopter pilot living in Florida. Both men claim they suffer from cancers related to their exposure to Agent Orange, used in the 1960s and 1970s to clear dense jungle foliage that provided cover for enemy forces during the Vietnam War. The Supreme Court deadlocked Monday over whether it's too late for sick Vietnam veterans to sue chemical companies over Agent Orange exposure. The decision allows veterans to continue lawsuits claiming they were wrongly shut out of a decades' old national settlement.

» E-mail this audio link

California Office

3175 Monterey Blvd.

Oakland, CA 94602

510-531- 4LAW

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

This was very interesting and I thank you for it.

It sound like if we want we can do it on our own, but that's a lot of money and time I was hoping to have a group of us fight for this.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am a part of Dr. Gerson H. Smoger's agent orange lawsuit. The one you posted goes back to 2003. There is a larger lawsuit that has gone no where since I joined it in 2004. Don't know how many AO Cancer Vets are in this action, but would be nice to see some movement.

Don

Don-I think Smoger said I am in it too---when the VA gives me the proper AO decision that is pending-

is there any update at all?

He told one of my local vets he was not covered by it and I sent him a letter stating the facts of the veteran's disability-

it involved a matter that I fully believe the VA overlooks and veterans do not make clear- if a veteran has any one of the many STS cancers- there are about 35 or more---- and was exposed to AO, the STS cancer is a presumptive AO cancer-

Smoger said this vet didnt have an AO cancer and I proved that he did-with a copy of one of his Med recs and also his VA award letter-and sent Smoger the list-the vet is now in the lawsuit.

I will be speaking on the Agent Orange issue with any updates on the Blue Water Situation tomorrow night, 630 EST at the SVR podcast-

http://www.stardustradio.com/

call- ins toll free 1-877-213-4329

The SVR braodcasts are dedicated to the men and women who serve now and who have served in the past.

They almost always bring up the hadit home page for their PC viewers when I am on the air-

so I am sure many pop in here after they see it.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta and Evandc

Please tell me how you can on the list? Who do we call? How do we get on? I have two Vets that should be compensated by the chemical companies. We did not know anything about this until we started the VA compensation, Its not right for these vets that where exposed and it is just showing up now do not get anything from the law suit of 1984. Every Vet that was in Vietnam should have been notified of this law suit back then. Just like Every Vet should have been notified on Water pollution, which they where not.

• HadIt.com Elder

You can check for update & sign up at the folling URL:

http://www.agentorangelaw.net/

I did the application online & didn't hear anything for several months. I emailed tham one night & next day had call from his office verifing I was included in the lawsuit. You can look at site & check for updates, don't think there has been any update in some time.

Don