Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lab Work

Rate this question

windy city

Question

The most weird thing happened to me today, I went to the VA clinic for some lab work that my doctor wanted me to do. To my surprise not only did they withdraw blood but I also had to give a urine sample for drugs. I could not belieave that my doctor would senfd me to take this test. Has this happened to anybody on the panel is there a reason for them to do this or are they just looking for reason to mess around with a veterans pension.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

what procedure did they do that you knew it was for drugs and not just a urine sample for blood in urine or something like that

bena,

When I looked at the printed label placed on the bottle, it said uri for drugs.

• HadIt.com Elder

VAMC does it all the time but rarely tells you. At least that is my experience.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

VAMC does it all the time but rarely tells you. At least that is my experience.

What is the purpose for them to do this? Can they drug test you without your consent or is it against the law for them to test for drugs without informing you first. I wonder what will happened if a veteran refuses to give a urine sample for drug testing.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA has an extensive drug screen they run on just about every vet. They screen for illegal and legal drugs and alcohol. Since I use the pain clinic I get screened twice a year. Big deal! If they find dope in my system it is their dope. Actually , they are looking to make sure I am taking the dope instead of selling it. The system is abused to some extent. The VA is more liberal in prescribing stonger pain meds than most private pain clinics in my experience. I think of it as just another chance to document the severe nature of my disabilites. Not many of those who work for a living take morphine for pain so if VA decides I am getting better I have tons of material documenting severe chronic pain disorder and all the side effects.

next time they want me to pee in a cup I am gonna leave without peeing in the cup. Tell em I just went sorry...................

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.