• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Refuse

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I just did it and I regret I did-

some of us here I think-are getting a little ticked at this-

read the past posts-

I simply am not going to answer anyones question again-if I already did.

it can be found in the search feature.

Not mad at anyone just that we are volunteers here doing our best-

I dont do any hand holding and have limited time for this forum.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

I am one of those teachers who DO like to help my students and give them whatever assistance they need.

However, especially the last couple of years - students will email me with questions that are right on the assignment or syllabus.

At first I just copied right off those and pasted it - and sent them the email.

(I want to point out -this isn't the same as the way the VA copies and pastes. If they ask a specific question about the assignment - then I answer it. but when they just ask "When is it due?" or "How many posts are we supposed to have each week?" or something that is CLEARLY covered - I copied and pasted)

But I finally started telling them - DO NOT email me with questions that are IN the syllabus assignments. When you ask a question - I EXPECT you to tell me what you ALREADY know!!!

For instance, they can say "The assignment says we need to do one post per week. Does the week end on Friday? or the last class period of the week?

Also - if they ran into a problem doing an assignment...they would just lay it out and expect me to solve it.

So once again, if they want my help I have told them they FIRST need to tell me what THEY have done / considered to solve the problem BEFORE I offer suggestions.

So - no longer can they just email me and say "I don't know what to write my paper on."

Now - I expect something like "I am still having trouble coming up with a topic for my paper. I looked over the topic index in the book to try to come up with ideas, I did the brainstorming sheet you gave us - but none of the ideas I came up with seem to be anything I want to write about, and I asked a couple of classmates what they were writing their papers about. Do you have any suggestions."

As predicted - if they read the assignments - and try in any way to solve their own dilema - most of their questions are already answered.

(or else they ar AFRAID to ask me.)

I know most teachers will usually tell the classes "there is no such thing as a stupid question."

I tell my class - There ARE stupid questions. "How many pages should the five page paper be?" is a stupid question.

Free

Think Outside the Box!

Guest jangrin

Free,

Scroll to the top of the page, under the Hadit circle Logo.There are buttons there going across the bottom of the header. They are:

HOME FORUM VA CLAIMS SEARCH LINKS

click on SEARCH button. Then go to search and click on WEB or HADIT enter your search words in the dark blue box. Click to search and your search results will come up as a Hadit WEB PAGE. Scroll through and read the past posts.

Hope this helps,

Jangrin

Hey Thanks! THAT works!!

Where the Button said SEARCH --when I put my cursor on it - a drop down would appear that said "Search hadit" --so I was clicking on the "Search hadit" srop down button, instead of the main SEARCH button.

For some reason - that one takes me to a page I can't figure out.

Thanks!

Free

Free,

Scroll to the top of the page, under the Hadit circle Logo.There are buttons there going across the bottom of the header. They are:

HOME FORUM VA CLAIMS SEARCH LINKS

click on SEARCH button. Then go to search and click on WEB or HADIT enter your search words in the dark blue box. Click to search and your search results will come up as a Hadit WEB PAGE. Scroll through and read the past posts.

Hope this helps,

Jangrin

Think Outside the Box!

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't always know exactly what " Question" to ask the " Search" . I don't know the VA Terminology.

I guess I do not have as much education as most of you guys do.

I do offer my apology if I have ask the same question more than once.

Josephine

Guest jangrin

When you search using this SEARCH button you can use acronyms like:

DMII VSR PTSD you know what I mean you don't really have to ask a question. YOU can type BVA or CAVC NEHMER all the topics that have those words will come up.

If you can remember a post that Berta did about NEHMER then you could do a search like this... Berta +Nehmer

Or a post like .... DMII +PN +CAD it would pull all the post that had diabetes 2 and peripheral neuropathy and heart problems where the person used these acronyms in the post.

You can also use words like ... retro +payment

just try different type of searches, you'll be surprised what you get.

Hope this helps,

Jangrin :D

Edited by jangrin

Another quick tip: if you put words in "quotes" if will look up exactly that phrase. e.g. "peripheral neurophathy" or something you may be looking up that has more than 2 words in in the name or sentence.

Tamara

Edited by tdak

Have a great day!!!

tdak

"Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. "...Ronald Reagan