Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confession

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Today the VA sent out a nurse to help me organize my meds. She was nice and I am glad that they did it. I had asked for help as you all know I have medicine issues.

Anyway she went through everything and threw out old meds, organized the current ones and even put them in a pill box so that I can take them at the right time. It was really quite a chore and she kept a lot of notes, asked a lot of questions and said she will return next Wednesday and every week for 6 weeks.

Hopefully this will help me keep better tract. It was amazing she does not work for the VA but contracts out. She told me that the VA was very difficult and I told her that I knew that.

So if you are having trouble with meds maybe the VA will help you.

Pete

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very glad to hear you got some help on the meds. My question is: was she able to assist you in getting the right meds sent at the proper time? I remember reading you were getting wrong meds sent to you or your meds not sent in a sufficient amount of time.

I wrote to you that I contacted my congressional representative, Larry Craig about not getting my Methadone on time and the hassle renewing it. Believe it or not, I got a letter from him as well as from the Spokane VA director stating the problem had been solved and apologizing. I thought about having it framed! So far so good. Take care and I hope your med delivery gets straightened out.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey, Pete, that sounds like evidence for the need for A&A, hint, hint. If I start having trouble with my chores of daily living I will start complaining, you bet. I don't care what my rating is I am going to document my difficulties.

You know the VA documents if you come to the VA by yourself and how you got there. They do this to shoot down claims for A&A.

You know the VA documents if you come to the VA by yourself and how you got there. They do this to shoot down claims for A&A.

Hows that? I have never seen it it my records........................the only time I was ever asked how I got to the VAMC was when I went to the ER

Pete,

Glad you got some help and that the nurse was so nice. Also glad that she took such an interest and will be coming back for follow-ups! About time the VA dis something right!

Gwen