Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weird Question

Rate this question

Berta

Question

How can a vet continue to file papers at the CAVC if they are dead?

Even if they have an attorney on the CAVC case why would an attorney file papers on behalf of the veteran -if they have been dead for a year and the case is still active ---awaiting a response from the appellant?

The CAVC granted an extention of time to the appellant 3 months after he died and a week ago- CAVC stayed the proceedings at the court so that the appellant could correct some papers he filed with the court-----about 8 months after he died.

Nothing in the case docket indicates the CAVC knows he died.

Wouldnt the lawyer know? (maybe they werent told)

;)

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

possible-good point Mike-I didnt even consider that- but I have been doing some detective work-and this was the last link in the chain---I am very familiar with this dead vet's situation-not from hadit at all---

you men and women can look pretty cute to people out there whose motive is to try to either to get you to marry them (not for love but for potenial of DIC) or figure some other way to get your stuff-

I know this is not nice to say- but there are people with some odd motives out there and will take advantage of a disabled vet in any way they can.

I think you are ALL cute -and all LOVABLE for sure ---- but I think you catch my drift.

;) Better than stealing an eledtion and have your cronies on the Court help him by ligitimizing it.....NUFF SAID.... NO POLICTCAL ANIMOSITY. We are all bothers because we toil againt VA. And besides we are Veterans.

Edited by rthomass

I promised many weeks ago to help an advocate friend of mine with this matter. It took time to get any info at all.Then he refered me to another vet's advocate- who gave me info that was not correct-but still the picture began to present itself-the vet is dead -it was a matter involving someone claiming to be his 'widow'.

VA recently declared her not to be the valid spouse.Based on the vets testimony when he was alive.

After I wrote off this whole miserable situation-which I spent the whole weekend on-

I actually gave Benefit of doubt again -and started all over on this 'widow's issues.

But I did even more 'detective 'work and uncovered a situation that borders on fraud.

and maybe identity theft but NOT due to the data theft at all-

I am contacting the VA as soon as they open in DC about this.

It is serious business to ever lie or even mislead the VA-

I sure will report to VA in a heartbeat ANYONE who misleads VA with false statements that could generate money to someone who does not legally deserve it.

And am reporting this matter right away.

There are too many legitimate claimants now at VA waiting for a decision and this case has already wasted way too much of VA's time. I have limited time left until school opens and that causes me to have to peel down my time here and with other vets issues locally.

Sorry for my strong attitude here but I wasted days of my life for something that I consider potential fraud in the making and possible past fraud.

This sure doesnt happen often.It is exhausting when you realise that all the work you did to help someone is based on lies.

• HadIt.com Elder

"Or the vet could have been a democrat!

Being dead doesnt stop them from voting, why should it stop them from VA benefits."

J/K

Posting of political or bashing is not condoned here at Hadit.

JBASSER