Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No More P & T Under Dole - Shalala Report

Rate this question

jessejames

Question

It's my understanding (and I also received return agreement e-mail from Larry Scott) if the Dole-Shalala Report is followed, VA Comp and Pensions will be turned on their head. There won't be a P & T status. The VA will re-evaluate all Disabled vets every 3 years and make a determination if thier disability has gotten better or worse. From experience, VA will be ORDERED to say Condition has improved and cut Compensation to save more money to rebuild Iraq and give more tax breaks for the wealthy. Look at what DOD is doing now to combat vets from Iraq by giving them "Personality Disorder" Discharges instead of treatment for PTSD and in order to save money for the government. The saying from Nam is still the same, with modification, "Disabled Vets don't mean nothin"." I can't see this part of the Report being enforced because it would take thousands more Doctors at the VA and they can't provide treatment NOW because of a shortage of Doctors, plus it would be very expensive to implement and I feel most all of the Vets Organizations would oppose it, except maybe the American Legion.

Quote from the REPORT on Page 6:

"Periodic Review

The disability status of veterans should be reevaluated every three years and compensation adjusted, if their condition has worsened or improved.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/07/nf07/nfJUL07/...%20warriors.pdf

Edited by jessejames

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey wait a minute. I doubt if this will ever fly. Its ridiculous to make Vets have a harder time than SSD recipients. Democrats will never go for this and they will need Congressional Approval to make suck a change.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Founder

here's the final non draft version http://www.pccww.gov/docs/Kit/Main_Book_CC%5BJULY26%5D.pdf i'm going to have print this out and read over it, it's 40 pages, but a lot that is blah blah i believe

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

Dont forget the Courts are the ones who rule. It does not matter what a congress person or senator does. The Court can turn it around.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

I think you are misreading that portion of the report. A "periodic review" is not P&T and, under current rules, the VA is "supposed" to wait 2 years to review a non-P&T case, but they are given great lattitude and many vets are reviewed far more frequently. To me it sounds as if the report is saying that it should be more standardized to reduce needless reviews.......

There was no mention of P&T in that portion of the report and it didn't seem to me to be implying P&T either....

• Founder

i could not find any mention of p and t status either, i think we need more information.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.