Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Dreaded Four

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

It’s been a well since I posted but it nice to be back.

Well, I got the dreadful four ailments that I've tried my best to avoid.

• Hep-C (20%) I failed three treatment sessions. Recent

claim denied for increase.

• Hypertension (10%) I take four types of meds for this.

• Sleep Apnea (50%) Using CPAC over four years.

• Diabetes Mellitus (not rated) just start taking Metformin last

week.

Question: Can my Diabetes Mellitus be linked to anyone of the other dreadful diseases or all linked to Agent Orange or what?

I served 30 years starting in 1969 until 1999. TDY to Thailand 1970 and one day in Nam en-route to Thailand, 1970.

I plan on filling a claim for Diabetes Mellitus soon. Should I wait to file since I already have a couple other claims (skin rash (10%), Back/arm/leg (10 % each) and Neck Problem (o%) being reviewed now.

“…I’m not going to let any of these ailments get the best of me…each day is a victory…”

Best Regards

Chiefhouse :angry:

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Dataman

Chief;

What I do is ask myself. Will another 10% change my overall rating? If 10% more will I say go for it. But really if not, why bother? Just clogging up the system.

Me I would wait until the others work thru. Or call your Reg Center and just ask. Maby they can include your other problems.

I thought if you served in Vietnam (I did not) and get Diab then it can be connected. Now what you get may not be worth it. Hopefully your going to stay healthy!!!

It's that Darn VA Math. Another 10% Disability won't change your total score any.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can prove a foot touched the ground in Nam than you can be presumptive for Diabetes. That would be the easiest. Thailand will work if you can prove exposure.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

The thing about DMII is that you are bound to develope some of the secondary conditions. All the secodary conditions are also service connected. That is one condition that is worth get SC'ed even if only 10%. It matters for DIC purposes in particular. If you set foot in RVN and can prove it then you are presumptive for DMII.

No Chief-dont allow them to get the best of you at all-

you have the right perspective-

definitely file for the DM II and ask for secondary ratings on the other stuff- or as secondary to what you are already rated for-

I suggest you find the VA Diabetes Trianing letter I posted here- under the search button at top of the page and go by the conditions there as to potentially due to DMII.

If you mean Peripheral Neuropathy - in your arms, ask them to SC that due to the DMII,and the skin rash,too-

One foot on Nam soil exposed you to the AO.

Greetings

Thanks for the replies and I will certainly try to find orders that sent me TDY to Thailand (NKP) via Vietnam in 1970 timeframe. I will keep you posted on my progress.

"...We can win if we try..."

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Edited by chiefhouse00

Chief,

Its good to see I am not the only one with those 4. Get a letter from your hepc doc stating you have hep c and it is likely as not service connected and let him describe your symptoms. It might get it bumped up a bit. As far as the DBII if you were not brown water navy you need to prove you stopped in RVN and set foot on the ground. If you do not have orders if you can provide a buddy letter from someone who was with you that would be a big help. I am curious how were they able to grant 20% on the hepc and service connect it if you were not in combat? I had a burger of a time getting hep c connected at all.

Good luck